Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS tunic arrival

Article about: by KSH There are so many things in life inexcusable to neglect - yet we still do precisely that, neglect them over and over again. And we will lie on our deathbeds lamenting what should have

Default Re: Black SS tunic arrival

Thanks. The buttons should generally have an RZM mark of some kind, and they often should have the SA/SS pebbling, that is, Wildmatt gekoernt, which yours do not. The Deutsche Wertarbeit is an odd mark, and the rust on the buttons suggest artificial aging to me, since this corrosion does not correspond to the normal use one sees on these. They can corrode, to be sure, but this corrosion looks odd to me....not a good signs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic arrival
    P
    Many

?

I have to say that this item is very reminicsent of a black Bundeswehr jacket that I had many years ago that was altered for re-enactment , even down to the very poor cut and restitch of the lapels, the material even looks the same

The Bw does not use the slash side pockets, but has four patch pockets. But......the Austrian army does have a tunic with slash side pockets, and breast pockets of the patch type......

?

I do not like tricot wool. it apears the same as a DDR made, something made it more shiny. Also the liner is not look like a authentic period material, IMO thje base is subdyed DDR mantel or tunic with redone lower pockets.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Am I the only person NOT seeing the original posters photos? All I am getting is the dreaded "red X"

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalThe search for foetid woolens and its shattered dreams, don't I know them well.....!

?

One day I shall obtain a real one of these things! One day! And on that day... well, it'll probably be really anti-climactic and I'll just end up posting it to the forum and I'll get a couple of compliments. But it's the thought that counts!

Quote by Styx View Post
    One day I shall obtain a real one of these things! One day! And on that day... well, it'll probably be really anti-climactic and I'll just end up posting it to the forum and I'll get a couple of compliments. But it's the thought that counts!
    When I was your age, all of this lay ahead of me. In my case, it took a very long time. Today, the appearance of plenty is belied by the endurance of scarcity, and, most important, the imponderables of knowledge are as arduous as they ever were. However, the ease with which my images appears in no way corresponds to how long it has taken me and others to understand these items. The decades are poorly reflected in the frictionless speed with which this all appears to unfold. A collection is like one's own education in the classical sense, it is the work of a life time. And the sums of money are hardly insignificant, especially today.
    In any case, this piece you have before you is not unlike what I had at your age, though mine was a Breuer special, and at least had fake badges and a real arm band.....however, the first fake was the spur to action, the motivation to make this pursuit a life's calling.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalIn any case, when Stinschen adopts me, to arrange for my dispatch to the old age home, she can sell you one of mine.....or I will have a Viking funeral, be wrapped in them all and be set ablaze to be memorialized in You Tube. A kind of Gesamtkunstwerk. Old fart immolated in foetid woolens.

?

I liked and unliked that post so I could like it again. Sounds like an admirable departure. But I warn you, I'd try to save your tunics, or die trying...
    The day I own one of FB's tunics will be a happy and a sad day for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast