Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS tunic arrival

Article about: by KSH There are so many things in life inexcusable to neglect - yet we still do precisely that, neglect them over and over again. And we will lie on our deathbeds lamenting what should have

Default Re: Black SS tunic arrival

Black SS tunic arrivalNotice here, by the way, the same odd shiny appearance in this cap. This glean or shine differs from original textiles, and also from whatever glow appears from the prototype, which can also have a radiant appearance, but of a different type.
    This piece feels and looks synthetic. Original wool had mixed fabrics, it is true, but of a different type, i.e. deutsche Zellwolle. The specifications of normal cap tricot are included below, but there existed extra quality and finest quality tricot, as well, the specifications for which I do not have at hand, though I own examples of the cloth swatches in my cloth sample book. These very fine textiles have a sheen, but it is once again, quite different from new textiles, filled with modern synthetics.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-21-2012 at 05:33 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic arrival
    P
    Many

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalMy post was a joke, by the way, so you are free to like it. We should not take ourselves so seriously. My wife is significantly younger than I am, and I will sell this junk well ahead of time, so stay tuned. There are other old collections on the verge of being broken up, so therein lies your source for such items.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 309620Attachment 309621Attachment 309622Attachment 309623Attachment 309624Attachment 309625Attachment 309626Attachment 309627Attachment 309628In any case, when Stinschen adopts me, to arrange for my dispatch to the old age home, she can sell you one of mine.....or I will have a Viking funeral, be wrapped in them all and be set ablaze to be memorialized in You Tube. A kind of Gesamtkunstwerk. Old fart immolated in foetid woolens.
    What a strange image that just appeared in my mind, FB!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalTo be didatic, notice that in these sources, the composition of textiles is described in detail.

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    What a strange image that just appeared in my mind, FB!
    My ex girl friends were going to wrap my dried carcass in all my Scottish tweed coats and stuff me in my VW 181 and set the whole thing on fire. You are a Viking, yourself, aren't you, so I am sure you would understand. I have even more tweed coats, now, plus these black tunics, but I sold the VW 181 to two silly men children from a sunny town in the south, and I sorely miss it. The VW 181 and I spent happy years together from 1986 until 2003, but neither my wife nor the Irish Terrier much liked it.

I will sell my collection, via several sources, and on two continents for best effect. Or I will sell the whole thing to the Australians, since they are the movers and shakers with this stuff......

?

Me first! Me first! Sincerely hope I'm around for the grand dispersal of your collection. I'd forever have a small placard next to the tunic with "Courtesy of Friedrich-Berthold" emblazoned upon it.

That photo of Goebbels is kind of creepy. He looks like
    the cat who swallowed the canary.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Styx View Post
    Me first! Me first! Sincerely hope I'm around for the grand dispersal of your collection. I'd forever have a small placard next to the tunic with "Courtesy of Friedrich-Berthold" emblazoned upon it.
    Thanks. I will do my best. I should write a book first with my collection, to memorialize it properly. Maybe in the future, I will have time. In any case, Mr. Robbie I am sorry to rain on your parade. I truly understand the disappointment. The stripped tunics were the thing of two decades ago, found by George Petersen when he burst into the film studios of the expiring Warsaw Pact, and he made off with lots of these things, stripped, but very real. I ended up with a real black officer's cap that he had found, or others found in Czechia. However, most of these tunics have since been remade and spread into a larger biotope of collectors.

The key are old north American collections, one of which, for instance, Bruce Herman acquired recently from the impoverished relatives of a man who had swept up material in the 1950s and 1960s when it was dirt cheap.

I never found this stuff in Germany, but others can and do, though nowadays the fakes from European and Asian sources are of high quality and can fool someone who has never really send an original piece.

Colleagues Coleman and Hritz, themselves, have formidable collections. Find their older posts......you can see their material.

Good luck and I am again sorry to dash your hopes.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    That photo of Goebbels is kind of creepy. He looks like
    the cat who swallowed the canary.........
    Well, yes, indeed. It is a creepy picture of a malevolent person of enormous destructive energy.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I will sell the whole thing to the Australians, since they are the movers and shakers with this stuff......
    I am Australian...although all I seem to shake these days is the salt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast