Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Black SS tunic arrival

Article about: by KSH There are so many things in life inexcusable to neglect - yet we still do precisely that, neglect them over and over again. And we will lie on our deathbeds lamenting what should have

Default Re: Black SS tunic arrival

Quote by KSH View Post
    There are so many things in life inexcusable to neglect - yet we still do precisely that, neglect them over and over again. And we will lie on our deathbeds lamenting what should have been done and should have been said, if given the chance that is. Many are blessed with swift and unexpected passings. Maybe this character and many like it are part of the true origins of the concept of Original Sin? The idealized deeds our society holds to be the highest of virtues might just simply be the agent of our own destruction when we finally come face to face with the mirror and we do not like what we see.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Were I to do it over, I might not embark on the publish or perish thingy. Had I not, though, my foetid woolen oeuvre would have turned out otherwise. Universities are now an adjunct of the market, and the market is as depicted in Lang's Metropolis. As an entrepreneur I have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams, at the expense of the works I should have written, and of my health. How droll. The university of my youth, and which moved me to embark on all of this is long dead, killed off by market forces, the general stultification and a popular contempt for knowledge in my own society that presages decline and the dark ages.Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrival

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic arrival
    P
    Many

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalThese examples are high quality wool of the era, with a kind of gloss to it, but utterly unlike the synthetics of the present epoch.

?

Update: the dealer examined the tunic this evening and arrived at the conclusion that, although parts of the tunic looked okay, it was not what it seemed; he doesn't think it's fake, as such, he's just not sure what it is. It's not SS though, as you said Friedrich, so it's going to be on the road to return now. Thanks for the opinions everyone!

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalDear Sir, Thank you for the update. These things are very circular. Something real will come along, but at a high price. The alternative is usually a trap. with best wishes, FB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalblack SS tunic on the theme of eternal recurrence.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-03-2012 at 05:41 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I hate to be a stinker, but I do not think the piece is real. It is not as well made as an original, and the appearance of the wool suggests modern synthetic textiles with the wool. In particular the reverse of the collar is very sloppy, and unlike a real garment. I wager it is an old Janke piece, since these have existed at least since the 1980s.
    Notice how there is a strong reflection of light with the Trikot. This is typical of modern fakes. I also do not like the snaps for the insignia. I have only seen those on fakes, and none of the more than twenty uniforms I own....more than twenty...have these snaps. Period. You should photograph the front and back of the buttons very carefully, as this is also a strong criterion. However, you are free to make up your own mind as well as rely on whatever expertise offers itself.
    Below is an example of a tunic that has been generally accepted as authentic which includes snaps for the attachment of the armband. This could very well have been done postwar, who knows. If there is one thing I have learned from the study of these items, it is the norm to find variations. As F-B has stated, I have never personally seen any authentic regalia with this method of affixing the insignia on a black tunic, until this one. The textiles and tailoring used lend strong support for it being a genuine article. One must always examine the item as a whole and not be put off by an unexpected variance, though too many deviations should sound alarm bells. The tunic that started this thread is wrong on many features and is clearly a reproduction.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrival

Best Regards,

CMH

Although uncommon,I have owned several items where the kampfbinde was attached with snaps. Alhough an easy method of detaching the item for cleaning, it was also likely an added expense to the cost of a uniform. In the period, cleaners employed individuals to remove and reattach sewn on insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalI am sure the Stammabteilung uniform is fine. As always, I defer to Bob's experience, which is greater than mine. Black SS tunic as theme of eternal recurrence. Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrival
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalsuch images as these cause no end of longing, high jinx and madness.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-04-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Black SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivalBlack SS tunic arrivaletc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic arrival   Black SS tunic arrival  

Black SS tunic arrival   Black SS tunic arrival  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5