Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936

Article about: From elsewhere come these images of a real tunic that has dorked up insignia and collar piping, but is real. It is interesting because it has the VA stamp, the VA SS contract tag and the RZM

Default Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936

From elsewhere come these images of a real tunic that has dorked up insignia and collar piping, but is real.
    It is interesting because it has the VA stamp, the VA SS contract tag and the RZM tag, whereby one can decipher the maker, if one wanted to.

This uniform is not intact, but it is 90% real, which is better than a stick in the eye.

The brown tag is also a feature of such uniforms of an earlier epoch. Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936
    P
    Many

This is not my property. It is in Europe.

Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936This is my property, and is of similar date.

The didactic point here is simple: for the uninformed collector, this brown tag would be a "red flag" because it is not "text book"; that is, it does not appear to conform to what some deem to be the norm. In reality, however, this brown tag, which must have been used for a variety of organizations, appears in uniforms of this date. I say this, because I own three of them, and they are all quite real.

It is a minor thing, but the search for the truth consists in the assembly of these things into a whole.

Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936This uniform also has such a tag.

?

Very well done and the D IV marked visor is something that I have always coveted. It is a rare battalion, being converted to motorcycle reconnaissance in 1938 I believe.
    It would go nicely with my D IV marked black parade helmet and the matching D IV Schellenbaum and Trumpet banners.

Happy collecting to one and all. I will sell my collection at some point, but not piece meal.

Further details, all of which speak to an authentic item of the epoch. This thing was stripped and redecorated, and the redecoration is poorly done, but the tunic is real. And I do not think it is an ex-Soviet or ex- Czech one, either, which is of note.

Generally the stripped and redecorated ones are from either the Russian or Czech locales. Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936Black SS tunic from elsehwere, dated 1936

There you have your dose of black foetid woolens for today.

I am at pains to put interesting things before the readership, and some analysis based on the collective experience and the subtle details, which are not otherwise especially straight forward.

The Bayreuth uniform that popped up then vanished, again, and the SS Sammelstelle one did, too. That's the norm with these things, usually phantoms and chimaeras, which is why I have tried to show as much from the surviving examples as possible for the benefit especially of the beginner and novice, who otherwise is aufgeschmissen trying to noodle this all out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast