Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS tunic for review please

Article about: by Frog Sir: If you are mad, then I am madder still. This incidental ornament is still on offer. I think you should buy it. "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It i

Default Re: Black SS tunic for review please

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic for review please
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  

An original piece from the Northern Franconian Standarte HQ'd in Bayreuth. The flash images distort the appearance of the Effekten, but they strike me as real from this angle.

You might take images without the flash to best effect, but the Standarte insignia (that is, collar patch) strikes me as real, as does the tunic itself. The Rock SS tag is also quite authentic, to boot. A nice piece. Authentic pieces of this kind have vanished from the market in the last year. The black woolen textile is also very much to type, as shown in your images. This is a species of uniform much seen from the years 1936-1939 with the normal VA and date as well as size stamps.

As you might have already observed here, my colleagues and I have posted a lot of authentic black SS regalia here you can employ for methods of comparison to this piece. Are you in the process of buying same?

Friedrich-Berthold,

My utmost appreciation. I am new to this forum and I thank you for your time and depth of knowledge. Without such assistance, we who traverse the darker part of this hobbies forest, would surely be eaten by wolves!

Quote by howardc View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold,

My utmost appreciation. I am new to this forum and I thank you for your time and depth of knowledge. Without such assistance, we who traverse the darker part of this hobbies forest, would surely be eaten by wolves!

Thanks. As to depth of knowledge, I collide each day with the shallowness of same as to what I should and want to know. As to wolves, I am very fond of them, and prefer you perhaps refer to the pestilence of dishonesty as bacteria or a virus. That is, the swine flu of fakers or the ebola of fakers and dishonest dealers and collectors.

Further, I believe this piece you show us came from a source familiar to me. See here. This man has sound material and a fine reputation. SS uniforms are not for the faint at and or of heart (...I have jet lag) so you should consult with others on this controversial subject. The only real test is to look at the thing in person with a loupe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please   Black SS tunic for review please  

Black SS tunic for review please   Black SS tunic for review please  

Black SS tunic for review please  

This piece was also recently sold. I did examine it and found it to be quite real, if not 100% complete. But the key is its authenticity. Other sites are less likely to have such regalia, but the Shea and Whammond site are also good for this rare material.

Foetid woolens all.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast