Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Quote by Frog View Post
    In any event, there seems to be a lack of interest at the price asked (EU 10,5K) or close. The super Germania outfit on Jenkins' site and others on Hermann's and PW's sites (all still up for view) sold quickly.

(F-B: Thanks, I won't alter it. Just like the extra CT for insurance; finally got it at a very fair price.)
    I actually thought of buying it myself, really, since I think it is a nice piece. Others I know thought about buying it. They asked my opinion. I listed the plus and minuses, and the minuses are not monumental.

I am just being stingy with what money I do have since I have to buy a car. Sometimes you have to be practical, and not sacrifice all on the alter of foetid woolens.

But I was tempted. I like that the uniform is from the Erzgebirge and that it is a high rank. It may well have always had this cuff title, mind you. I do not want to damn it with half information.
    Someone could give it a fine home and be pleased with it, surely.

I just do not think you will swiftly find the Schlegel cuff title, but the present configuration is ok. I am sure one could suggest to v. Lukacs the state of things, and maybe he would offer a discount.

Or maybe our doubts are illegitimate and the thing is as it was in 1936 despite the order that colleague d'Alquen has shown us.

This kind of thing often operates. If you let it upend you, you will have an extremely small collection and maybe that is good...?

Bruce, as concerns the SSTV thingy, I really think the damage is minor and of no real meaning, other than too many here want things to be "minty," as in unused. I surely prefer black uniforms with some patina, as even in the case of this Plauen piece. What patina I can see makes the piece more attractive, granted the highly tailored fakes that now fructify around the collector biotope.

The Thueringen piece also came from the Czech film studios, and likely got damaged thereby. I knew the original owner of the piece, did I not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

?

F-B:

You did negotiate this sale, indeed. A "motivated seller" was your description, I believe. I was just getting started.

Speaking of fine things unsold, and I know his belongs on the other forum, but here it is anyway for dreamers:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

Quote by Frog View Post
    F-B:

You did negotiate this sale, indeed. A "motivated seller" was your description, I believe. I was just getting started.

Speaking of fine things unsold, and I know his belongs on the other forum, but here it is anyway for dreamers:

I can tell you this: five years from now, when the Dow is at 36,000 and SS uniforms cost 198,567 dollars and "sculls" cost 56,234 dollars, then you will surely wish you spent the pittance on this fine hat. It is winking at you, Lieber Bruce, ich will mit Dir nach Hause!

Of course in five years we can all be selling pencils on the street corner to the refrain of "Brother, can you spare a dime," and no one will pay anything for a bunch of old racist clothes and especially less than nothing for these dumb cap badges.

All levity aside, it is a spectacular piece and remarkably more interesting and rare than all the other pieces on offer at this moment. Paul Kaps are nice Muetzen, and this is a nicer one than most!

It fully accords with the articles in the UM on Extramuetzen, and how the soldier wanted something attractive for extra wear. Or field wear.

?

7. SS-Standarte was given the honour title "Fritz Schlegel" on 25 September 1936. There was only one SS-Obersturmbannführer who commanded the Standarte, Albert Kraschinski, from 1938 until 1943 (promoted to SS-O'Stubaf. on 20 April 1939.)
    The 3. Sturm was accorded the honour title "Paul Fressonke" and the 6. Sturm the title "Paul Teubner."
    W.

Hi W, thank you very much for this info. Most interesting.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Woske View Post
    7. SS-Standarte was given the honour title "Fritz Schlegel" on 25 September 1936. There was only one SS-Obersturmbannführer who commanded the Standarte, Albert Kraschinski, from 1938 until 1943 (promoted to SS-O'Stubaf. on 20 April 1939.)
    The 3. Sturm was accorded the honour title "Paul Fressonke" and the 6. Sturm the title "Paul Teubner."
    W.
    Thanks for all of this. Now we can look at the loops on the Dienstrock and levy these against the entry in the Dienstalterliste. One notices with Kraschinki a suitably Nordic and Germanic name, of course.

A Fressonke cuff title is in the hands of a leading collector, I think.

In any case, these honor cuff titles make the restoration of such uniforms are challenging prospect, if one wishes to pursue said route.

Or, once more, the "7" is nonetheless correct. Such seems doubtful if the personage commanded the Standarte.

Thank you.

Here is the cuff title of note. These are much more rare than the 08/15 Waffen SS cuff title drooled upon on the other sites by the average hobbyist and internet savant.

Sorry the images are fractured, but so am I.

If this tunic really belonged to Kaschinski, then even with the amended cuff title, it is a nice piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7 

?

Thanks to Woske, indeed, for this data.

The other little project would be to get his SS officer's file and see all the data whether the locale of the tailor makes sense, too. And with his Stammrollenkarte whether the uniform fits a person of his size....

The general area of the tailor is in that of the Standarte, but the HQs moved around a lot, actually, as the Allgem. SS was getting reorganized along with the rest of the SS on a rapid basis in the period 1934-1939 or so.

How fun.

?

I'm confused here (happens all the time).

So we're saying this Kraschinski, on his promotion in 4/39, took his old seldom-used black EM tunic (which must have been upgraded several times before?) in to his tailor and had a "neatly stitched" Obersturmbahnfurher tag applied to the collar, with the prior one removed?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast