Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Still as worn

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

In an ideal sense, the Plauen uniform should have this dual cuff title. But maybe not. We do have a copy of the order that allowed this kind of thing, but we do not have all the orders and no one seems to know exactly how this system worked throughout the period 1934-1945. The secondary works only include parts of the story, and all of these books are now quite old.

This uniform well illustrates how knowledge, however incomplete, collides and coincides with the extant uniforms. Wim Saris posted a number of the relevant orders to this regalia on another website.

In any case, happy regalia and may someone one day secure the whole, and total truth as regards this stuff.

It is above my pay grade.

Tschuess!

?

We have tracked this tunic for some time!

And another fine item still avaiable in this miserable market, at 13,900 EU:BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Granted the collector fetish for field caps, I am baffled that no one has bought this cap. The reason is simple that the internet blowhards and know it alls, who actually have never seen three real SS caps, have so shat up the cyber space with their idiotic critiques, that this real piece goes unloved.

I do not collect this regalia, but the artillery cap is a remarkable piece. The Plauen uniform is above average, and interesting for its rank.

In any case, I am mostly done with websites, mind you, not the least because this cap with the artillery piping shows the the forces advancing knowledge are in retreat in the face of the cyber bullies and digital luddites in their staggering number.

how sad.

Potscriptum: Nice to see Mr. Bruce here, by the way. We miss your posts. I am not sure why I even bother much anymore, in fact. I was away for three weeks in the snow and cold of Mitteleuropa which did me much good.BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

?

Do hang on to your hats, sir.

The best is yet to come.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Do hang on to your hats, sir.

The best is yet to come.
    Ich kann nur hoffen, mein Lieber....ich kann nur so hoffen!BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

It was -7 celsius, with 10 cms of new snow and Air Berlin clipped me 40 Euros for my luggage.BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

This is the outer Alster in Hamburg. Hamburg is a marvelous city.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-09-2010 at 12:35 PM.

what an informative thread! its amazing the dedication,quality and workmanship that they put into thier uniforms and any items relating to them. thanks for sharing this historical and interesting info.

Hi Gents, I had followed this thread for quite a while as this tunic really interested me to the extent that I have now purchased it. I am now going to try and achieve something that I have always spurned, that is add, clean or alter something I have received. I would really like to obtain an Allgemeine Honor Cuff Title that this member would have held entitlement. If my research is correct this individual was, in 1936, a Sturmbannfuhrer - 1/26 Standarte , entitling him to the "Paul Berck" Honor Title; in 1938 he was a Sturmbannfuhrer - 7 Standarte , entitling him to the "Friedrich Schlegel" Honor Title. Would this mean he was entitled to wear either or both Honor Titles? I have seen photos of Allgemeine Officers wearing three Cuff titles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Truth be told, the search for such a cuff title is likely to be akin to the search for the Holy Grail, since they are very rare. Also, it is fine as it is, and since there was so much variation in these things, I would just leave it as it is.....
    with best wishes, FB I do not think one would wear both honor cuff titles, though.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast