MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Thanks FB, that saves my conscience

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    Quote by greimers View Post
    Thanks FB, that saves my conscience
    In some cases, a restoration is necessary and easily done. In other cases, it is true, that we think the thing should have an honor title, but after having read so much about these badges in the original source, the SS people were always confused, themselves. The thing is as it is, and it is a nice piece. Be grateful that you have it and enjoy it, and look forward to the next one, which will be even better. Don't pay attention to the ankle biters, who have no collection, cannot find Germany on the map, and criticize everyone else as if they were just fleas or roaches.

These honor cuff titles are very, very rare. Much more rare than the cuff titles of Waffen SS units, which cause people to drool and make fools of themselves.

It may well be that the thing originally had two cuff titles, and an insignia collector took the honor one. You might find evidence of this, or not.

Robt Hassler had the Schlegel double cuff title which went to a leading collector.

Such is life.

Enjoy your nice things and we welcome you to the ranks of foetid woolen people and the puzzles within enigmas that are always at their core.

Thanks again FB, and the cap compliments it beautifully !!

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7Here is the excerpt of the regulations as pertains to the double cuff title, courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen. See rubric 4 "Zusatzaermelstreifen..."

Besides everyone's vast knowledge, the collections of this site GREATLY impress me. Do you all have a will/plan for your items if something happens to you?! Once my collection filled a room, I wrote a plan down. Too many of these items are sold back in bulk to dealers or auctioned off my unknowing relatives!

-Martin

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7Here is the excerpt of the regulations as pertains to the double cuff title, courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen. See rubric 4 "Zusatzaermelstreifen..."
    For the benefit of the non-German speakers, it translates as:

"4) Additional cuff titles:

a) with names awarded to
    Standarten:
    Men and officers of the Standarten excluding San.-Oberstaffeln and San.-Staffeln.

b) with the inscription "SS-Hauptreitschule München"
    Men and officers in equestrian units accepted into the tournament- and racing community of the
    Reichsführung-SS by decree of the Reichsführer-SS.

c) with the inscription "Stoßtrupp Adolf Hitler 1923":
    Men and officers after receiving authorization.

The additional cuff titles as per no. 4a and b are worn on the sleeve turn-up above the standard cuff title.

The cuff titles as per no. 4c are worn on the upper edge of the right sleeve turn-up. (see
    SS-Befehlsblatt issue 5 no. 25 of 25/5/1936)."

This usage of the SS-Hauptreitschule cuff title by personnel not actually attached to the school is particularly interesting.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    For the benefit of the non-German speakers, it translates as:

"4) Additional cuff titles:

a) with names awarded to
    Standarten:
    Men and officers of the Standarten excluding San.-Oberstaffeln and San.-Staffeln.

b) with the inscription "SS-Hauptreitschule München"
    Men and officers in equestrian units accepted into the tournament- and racing community of the
    Reichsführung-SS by decree of the Reichsführer-SS.

c) with the inscription "Stoßtrupp Adolf Hitler 1923":
    Men and officers after receiving authorization.

The additional cuff titles as per no. 4a and b are worn on the sleeve turn-up above the standard cuff title.

The cuff titles as per no. 4c are worn on the upper edge of the right sleeve turn-up. (see
    SS-Befehlsblatt issue 5 no. 25 of 25/5/1936).

This usage of the SS-Hauptreitschule cuff title by personnel not actually attached to the school is particularly interesting.
    Thank you, as ever.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    Besides everyone's vast knowledge, the collections of this site GREATLY impress me. Do you all have a will/plan for your items if something happens to you?! Once my collection filled a room, I wrote a plan down. Too many of these items are sold back in bulk to dealers or auctioned off my unknowing relatives!

-Martin
    Dear Colleague,

Kindly cease the off topic/superfluous posts.

Many thanks for your cooperation.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank you all for the relevant information. My perception is then that an individual could, if entitled, have indeed worn 2,3 or more cuff titles. Regardless, thank you very much for your help.

"This usage of the SS-Hauptreitschule cuff title by personnel not actually attached to the school is particularly interesting."

Yes HPL, I too found this interesting when I first saw it. I was unaware of the practice so looked into it a bit more. The usage didn't last long. Himmler, by October of 1937, had already requested a sleeve diamond design to replace it from Diebitsch.
    Here is a piece of the correspondence concerning the badge and cuff title.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast