Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

Thanks for nice contrasting portraits. Twenty years of the high life in Munich shows its results, that's for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

Ulric even had his own tinnie!

You would do us a favor and kindly make an Ulrich Graf thread some place, maybe here in the SS realm. Bob Coleman also has material from the old fighters of the first hour in his wonderful collection.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, ca. 1944 with oath taking of Volkssturm. The Danzig SS man is wearing a black uniform.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-09-2014 at 04:44 AM.

I'll leave this here. It's volkssturm wearing SS helmets.

Is that a black greatcoat to the right?

The men who are wearing the SS helmets are actually members of the SS who likely are in charge of basic training for the Volksturm recruits. Non SS members would not be allowed to wear anything with SS insignia. From the tone of the second picture, it is likely a SA mantel as it appears to have the long service stripes on the cuff.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Bob,
    I think that in the case of formal occasions the black uniform was still the order of dress regardless of the war. For normal service by the few remaining members of the Allgemeine-SS field grey was probably the norm, although I don't recall any specific orders or instructions for this practice.
    Here a man from the SS-Anseidlungskommando, responsible for repatriating Volksdeutsche, wears the grey uniform with slip-on boards. Note the rare cuff title for this group. The photo was probably taken in 1941.
    D.
    Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Hi d'alquen,

I tried to search for more info/photos and I think I found a miss spelling, I think it is SS-Ansiedlungskommando (google translates it as SS settlement command and will not translate SS-Anseidlungskommando and nothing comes up but your post on searching) This is important for people trying to find info on this very limited covered area. (I really am not a nit picker )

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    I'll leave this here. It's volkssturm wearing SS helmets.

Is that a black greatcoat to the right?
    Luftwaffe Hauptmann-
    Did you see my response? If so, your welcome.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ganer,
    Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. The correct spelling is in fact: Umsiedlungskommando.
    I'm sure that if you Google this term you will have more success.
    d'Alquen

The events of the ethnic resettlement in the wake of the Molotov Ribbentrop pact in which these SS units were active are extensively treated in dozens of books, as well as
    contemporary propaganda accounts from the Volk und Reich Verlag.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast