Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

Default Re: Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

to change the subject, this cap appeared recently from a nook and cranny, but I was unable to buy it.

I have to buy a new car, actually. One has to be practical sometimes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

Thanks for the link to the Mauthausen pics. I see Otto Kumm, Fritz Klingenberg, Hausser, and what appears to be Lehmann. Should put a stake in the "I know nothing" alibi.

Here is an unknown Standartenfuhrer in black at the same event:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Sadly enough the "I know nothing " still exists worldwide

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943This volume contains many excellent images of the black uniform in wear well after 1939. Reiter here was promoted to Sturmbannfuehrer in 1942.

?

Interesting thread. Some great pics of both grey and black uniforms being worn.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Even better pic. F-B, are you aware of any W-SS men who wore the black uniform with their Knights Cross?
    I have been searching for pics of an RKT in black uniform, to no avail. The closest is probably Wunsche in his open-collar pre-war cut tunic.

I did find another pic of Zschirnt:
    Interesting also to see Skorzeny looking stern in stonemints pics. Man, he was tall amongst those midgets.
    With his height and brawn he must have brought attention to himself almost every where...., maybe not the most useful feature for a Brandenburger

?

Very interesting thread. Thank you. I am always learning more about the SS and thier Foetid Woolens.

Cheers, Pat
    Last edited by M18922; 05-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Foetid.

?

Thanks for the link to the Mauthausen pics. I see Otto Kumm, Fritz Klingenberg, Hausser, and what appears to be Lehmann. Should put a stake in the "I know nothing" alibi.

Here is an unknown Standartenfuhrer in black at the same event:
    Yes, excellent link and high quality pics.

There is certainly no mistaking Otto Kumm. Always with his visor cap at a rakish angle.
    Unlike Hausser, Kumm might not have cared an iota about the pics post war. He was never the apologetic type...to say the least.

Did the visit last several days or did HH just change underway - in several pics HH is seen wearing riding boots (with spurs no less), in other pics from the Mauthausen visit, HH is wearing ancle boots with puttees?

Any ID on those with the RK?

Anybody know the peculiar pistol holster, which HH has on his belt in pic 192-141?

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943another image, apparently from Alsace ca. 1943.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This being said, I am a great fan of SS Verfuegungstruppe material, but the Waffen SS was also constituted of the former Totenkopf units, as well. As you all well know....

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast