Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

?

Default Re: Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Sometimes one must invest effort to be rewarded with knowledge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you start on page 1 of this thread, you will find numerous pictures of the black uniform being worn during the war years.
    I have looked through this entire thread, the images are not showing up for me, maybe its cause I'm on my iPhone?! Will check my laptop tomorrow.
    Just a Quick question about SS musikkorps, did band members continue to where the black uniform after 42? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    VL

Quote by Von Luger View Post
    I have looked through this entire thread, the images are not showing up for me, maybe its cause I'm on my iPhone?! Will check my laptop tomorrow.
    Just a Quick question about SS musikkorps, did band members continue to where the black uniform after 42? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    VL
    Not an easy question to answer. Units stationed outside of Germany would wear the feldgrau uniform. In Germany proper, it would depend on the unit and the uniform of the day based on the function.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The instances of the black uniform in wear tend to be the guard for the colors and such in official functions. I imagine that the bulk of such other persons were mobilized in the Wehrmacht and or Waffen SS. In any case, do read this thread. The knowledge here is no where else and so easily had.

?

Most interesting thread, great reading. I must admit i am fighting very hard the growing temptation to start to collect the black WSS and SD uniforms.

Some very interesting posts in this thread. I've searched and researched here and some of the other Military fora in my quest to find Allgemeine-SS or LSSAH troops Sporting the black uniform en mass i.e ceremonies, parades or rallies post 1940.
    I agree some units did in fact continue to wear the black uniform for certain situations and roles, the swearing in of the Volksturm in Danzig is a huge number of people wearing the black uniform but it's not the SS.
    just to summarise:
    Would I be wrong in saying the last time the Allgemeine-SS or the LSSAH wore the black uniform was 1940 and not at all in large numbers post 1942?

Thanks for the feedback about the SS musikkorps. I should have been a bit more specific With my question. did the LSSAH musikkorps continue to wear the black uniform in the war years.

Thanks
    RVL

?

My friend Willie Brech , a U boat seaman said SS on leave would not wear black as it was a camp guard,, not a fighting man in grey green of Waffen SS

I do not think that even the SSLAH musikkorps would have continued to wear the black uniform in the war years because as soon as hostilities started, the role of the LAH changed, and most of their prewar black helmets,for example, were withdrawn and repainted in feldgrau or green and similarly, the everyday uniform, even for bandsmen would have changed. Apparently,even the "swallows nest" normally worn on the shoulder when they fulfilled their duties as musicians were discontinued for LAH after the start of the war.
    Although these individuals were not "combatants", I believe that many did volunteer to transfer into either the existing infantry companies, or the newer, PAK, Stug or Artillerie companies in order to take a more active role in proceedings.

Quote by colt45 View Post
    My friend Willie Brech , a U boat seaman said SS on leave would not wear black as it was a camp guard,, not a fighting man in grey green of Waffen SS
    In that case, he was mistaken.

By the war years, both the SSTV and the combat formations of the W-SS wore field grey uniforms for all occasions, while prior to the outbreak of war, both wore the black service dress as a "walking out"- and parade uniform.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear in 1942 in Berlin at time of Heydrich funeral.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast