Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

Default Re: Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Hi Jock, I don't know about his looks, but I wouldn't mind having his uniform too!

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jock, I don't know about his looks, but I wouldn't mind having his uniform too!

Cheers, Ade.
    Adrian is much better looking, of course, as it goes without saying.

Here are hats of this type..... the one with the alu piping is not mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS uniform in wear, 1943 

Ade,

We will never know as on the pics that you have on here you seem happy all the time and I guess I won't find one of him smiling

I would like his rig as well but I think this is as close as I will come to anything SS original in my collection.

FB, just pipe dreams for me, maybe one day I will find a hat?

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Ade,

We will never know as on the pics that you have on here you seem happy all the time and I guess I won't find one of him smiling

I would like his rig as well but I think this is as close as I will come to anything SS original in my collection.

FB, just pipe dreams for me, maybe one day I will find a hat?

Jock
    Dear Sir, while I do not own a general's cap, I do own several of the field and company grade variety. When I decide to sell them, I shall sell you one, if you want. They need a good home when I am done with them. I have taken good care of them, too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  

FB,

There in lies the flaw, I can't imagine anyone of sound body and mind 'being done with them' ever!?

Jock

Don't know if this counts or not, but this is Gunter D'alquen wearing the SS "tuxedo", sometime after his promotion to Standartenfuhrer in either 43 or 44:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Courtesy of F-B, the shop window of Uniform-Stubben in 1942. Note the A-SS Officer's visor for sale at the foot of what appears to be the SS tux:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Don't know if this counts or not, but this is Gunter D'alquen wearing the SS "tuxedo", sometime after his promotion to Standartenfuhrer in either 43 or 44:
    It might not count... But it's a great photo anyway!

Very nice, thanks. I saw these images of d'Alquen which come from the Bildarchiv preussischer Kulturbesitz website. This is an excellent website, to be sure.

I imagine that d'Alquen did not come by his Wansee villa entirely through the sweat of his own high brow, as was the case with Goebbels and Schwanenwerder.

I should know, but what happened to him after 1945?

His colleagues who made the curve in West Germany worked for Der Spiegel, in certain cases.

Does anyone know about the fate of his gnaedige Frau Gattin?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I should know, but what happened to him after 1945?

His colleagues who made the curve in West Germany worked for Der Spiegel, in certain cases.

Does anyone know about the fate of his gnaedige Frau Gattin?
    On 15 May 1945, d'Alquen and the remainder of his staff surrendered in Mauterndorf (Austria).

D'Alquen was in British captivity up until 1948, following which spent another two years in American internment. Rumors existed that during this period, he worked as a "propaganda advisor" for the U.S. State Department, but no conclusive evidence exists for this and d'Alquen himself called these rumors wrong.

D'Alquens de-Nazification process took several years during which he was classified as a "Hauptschuldiger" in 1950 and fined a fee of 60,000 Marks in July 1955, at which time he was also sentenced to the loss of citizens' honor rights (voting etc.) for the duration of three years, banishment from a number of occupations and the loss of all pension rights.
    He was fined another 28,000 marks in January 1958. (It should be noted that d'Alquen possessed a house in Berlin-Wannsee estimated at a value of 45,000 Marks with another piece of real estate registered as property of his wife, while his bank account was worth 40,000 Reichsmarks and his share portfolio another 10,000.)
    Courts found him guilty of having played an outstanding role as a war propagandist and to have actively agitated against Jews, Christian Churches and foreign nations and to have glorified the Nazi regime and worked against democracy. Due to his high profile and the extent of his work, this was considered incitement to murder.
    Still, the courts took into consideration as mitigating circumstances the facts that there were also instances where he tried to help people of different convictions and other ethnicities and that he was not afraid to stand up to the authorities. He was never accused of any war crimes.

Following his release from Allied internment, he returned to Northrhine-Westfalia where his father helped him to take up a career in the textile industry. Here, he quickly succeeded; running a fast-growing business for furniture textiles he was soon a wealthy man again. Working in his company up to old age, he left its management only in 1993.

He refrained from public appearances and lived fairly withdrawn in the circle of his large family, which included the numerous offspring from two marriages. Never having renounced his political convictions, he died on 15 May 1998.

(Info according to the biographical study by Werner Augustinovic and Martin Moll in "Die SS. Elite unter dem Totenkopf", edited by Ronald Smelser and Enrico Syring. Sorry, no data on his wives.)

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast