Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS Uniforms - A better understanding.

Article about: Our readers will note that none of the other sites offer the responsive editorial role complete with fine illustrations as to be found here......

Default Re: Black SS Uniforms - A better understanding.

Our readers will note that none of the other sites offer the responsive editorial role complete with fine illustrations as to be found here......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Uniforms - A better understanding.
    P
    Many

a 1934 ish image of Albert Foerster with said lapels in view.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS Uniforms - A better understanding. 

Spindler
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Our readers will note that none of the other sites offer the responsive editorial role complete with fine illustrations as to be found here......
    Thanks guys, you have helped me immensely and the illustrations are brilliant and as per the quote from FB - best site around due to guys like yourselves helping those of us with less knowledge.

As I certainly cannot afford the originals even if we are lucky to find them, does anyone know where i can source a good 'replica' for my collection?

Many thanks

?

Spindler -

Do not waste your money on replicas, which will never bring any satisfaction.

There are many collectible fields in German WWII material that afford reasonably-priced period items - cufftitles, badges, collar insignias, sleeve insignias and on.

Pick a field, save up and study, and buy something worthwhile.

?

Addendum:

F-B is surely correct; there is no other forum than numbers so many prominent collectors (who share their prizes) among its membership.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Addendum:

F-B is surely correct; there is no other forum than numbers so many prominent collectors (who share their prizes) among its membership.
    Thanks, Bruce, and our goal is to uphold the standards here that we have worked hard to craft in view of the appalling mess on the other sites. In the end, knowledge and its fair distribution assure your collection and mine of its monetary value, to say nothing of the service of the truth.

One's needs are also served by investing in a good library, which retains its value despite the seductive appeal of asking questions here.

Happy lapels.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Uniforms - A better understanding.  

Spindler
    ?

Quote by Frog View Post
    Spindler -

Do not waste your money on replicas, which will never bring any satisfaction.

There are many collectible fields in German WWII material that afford reasonably-priced period items - cufftitles, badges, collar insignias, sleeve insignias and on.

Pick a field, save up and study, and buy something worthwhile.
    Thanks for the advice but I already do that. I collect WW2 German Military Vehicles, so far a 20mm Flak 38 and a rare Mercedez Benz 1500s Personnel Carrier all complete.

The reason for the replica uniforms is I now have limited space and finance to purchase the originals, i have a fascination with the black uniforms and would like to obtain what I can. If and when things change, maybe an original but for now a replica will have to suffice.

Please show us your Fuhrpark.

Old German vehicles surely have a poetry to them.

Grenadier Militaria in So. California recently had some real black uniforms for sale...

?

By all means, do show us your vehicles!

I am loathe to note the following, and probably deserve to be booted off this forum for such, but if you are still determined to man your convoy with reproductgion uniforms, do visit WW2 German uniforms | World War II German reproduction uniforms | German war medals and insignia for all all your needs.

I expect a lashing from members, and have my backside exposed.

?

Spindler -

This forum wisely will not post my intended web reference; I apologize to all. Good intentions, not thought out.

Frog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast