Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Black SS visor

Article about: Dear collectors, Annoyed from this ads?   I just came across this cap and wanted to ask you for your opinion. I got only these pictures for now, but would be glad if you can tell me if

Default Black SS visor

Dear collectors,
    I just came across this cap and wanted to ask you for your opinion.
    I got only these pictures for now, but would be glad if you can tell me if you see there any red flags or not.

Thank you very much
    Ziggy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS visor   Black SS visor  

Black SS visor   Black SS visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS visor
    P
    Many

it looks ok,its been used as a film prop,the insignia I don't know need better pics of them.

Black SS visorBlack SS visorBlack SS visorBlack SS visorLikely a Wille cap ca. 1938 or 1939 used in the Barrandov Studios in Praha with a replaced sweat band.

Does anyone have some more spare sweat bands of the era?

I have two caps to restore.

The insignia are not original to this cap either. Very normal. Dozens or more of these were liberated in 1988 or 1989.

My images are of an intact, untouched cap of this type. It is an earlier variant and very costly from Shea.

Black SS visorHere is the interior of the same kind of cap as the Czech-Praha special.

Black SS visorMore or less in 1938 or so the black RFSS tag did or did not disappear. I think.....

Wow, impressive pictures...Please, why the insignias are not original to the cap? They look like fakes or is it just a matter of different pattern?
    Thank you for help. I am novice on this field and want to learn more about this amazing stuff.

The black cap took the Neusilber, shiny badges..... the grey cap took the alu badges, and the zinc badges. This being said, there were naturally exceptions.

The Czech film caps were found without insignia or not and have been re badged. Many SS caps are found without insignia and get re badged.

The Shea cap I included has more or less original badges.

or of the original type. Black SS visor

Here neusilber....or in any case, shiny in appearance.

- - ------- - -

Black SS visorHere the matte badge suitable for the field. On the left, these are real alu. badges of the 1938 epoch. Maybe alu and zinc were worn together.

I am not really an expert, but the original sources of 1936 and afterward mention this distinction.

Ah, it's nice to see FB in his element! Ziggy, if you're interested in learning more about these SS caps, pay close attention to what FB has to say about them. The pearls of wisdom that he offers are the result of decades of collecting and firsthand experience with these items. His collection and knowledge are truly impressive!

Personally I just read and learn when it comes to FB I can say I have a Luftwaffe and Heer side cap with the same Czech studio markings and the insignia I am sure was removed and replaced. timothy