Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black Tunic

Article about: I have various ones of these that then, funnily enough, the "research" people assigned to the wrong individual, i.e. Mueller, Fischer, etc. if the name is common. This has happened

?

Default Black Tunic

This seems to be the appropriate forum to share this with. My first black tunic, which is named to an Untersturmfuher from Abschnitte 29. Currently researching the individual so hopefully more later.

It certainly has had some wear and seen some use, but I personally prefer them that way.

As with many of the best items on this forum huge thanks to Peter Jenkins, who can still find some quite remarkable items!

Photos taken with a phone - so not the best, sorry!

Comments appreciated

Black TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicTietze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black Tunic

I look forwards to the research as I love named items!

SS Abschnitte XXIX was Mannheim and later Konstanz.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice find.

Neat item congratsregards minnie.

Thank you for sharing your nice tunic. I recall when Peter Jenkins had this for sale some years ago. Bruce Herman has a nice belt with cross strap for sale with the buckle.
    I thought the uniform came with the man's carte de visite?
    In any case, very nice, and if you ever want to sell it, please let me know.
    Real tunics tend to show their age, which is a something positive in my view, really.
    This childish fussiness that something appears as made yesterday is deranged in a fundamental sense.

I agree: Honest age and wear has a poetry of it own.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Black TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack TunicBlack Tunic
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I agree: Honest age and wear has a poetry of it own.

Cheers, Ade.
    Well said.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-28-2012 at 10:47 PM.

?

Ah FB your memory does not fail you, yes it came with a card, and from "Konstanz a.B." The tunic is I believe quite an early one, and if ever I have to let it go I will let you know....... but it could be quite some time. I believe Peter may be keen to have it back also, but at the moment he has eyes for greater things than this, so lesser items can fall to the likes of myself, for which I am extremely grateful.

Now if only I could get in contact with John Moore, his e-mail address seems to not be working? Any help with a new one much appreciated.

Hopefully a suitably appropraite belt and buckle will be next on the list, although Bruce has sold his it would appear.

Thank you all for your kind words to date.

Tietze

Thank you. The shoulder board is more or less from 1936. I have others like it. Thanks for adding to the valuable material here versus the dung heap that reigns over other sites. Excellent material without endless and stupid guff distinguishes us from the others.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-29-2012 at 12:41 AM.

A very nice worn black tunic you got there. Just as they should look like IMO, nice and worn

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast