Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Black tunic to be checked

Article about: Indeed.

Default Re: Black tunic to be checked

i think the tunic could be genuine as i don´t see anything wrong on it do afr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black tunic to be checked
    P
    Many

Quote by militarypast View Post
    Others dissent from your opinion. May we see some of your collection of black SS uniforms, please?

I would advise you to look around the forum at the huge amount of original material posted about these tunics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Black tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedas our leader notes....

well i see it simple..........black tunic could be worn by different kinds of ww2 german units such as OT / NSKK / Bahnschutz / Postschutz / Polizei / Werkschutz etc.... Im not directly saying it is SS tunic. None of us was there at that time. None of us know 100% what is right and what is wrong. You could see some genuine pieces and read some reference books but that´s all. Im sorry but that´s how i see it..........i already saw so many different genuine tunics/trousers/hats etc..on my own eyes (founds) and nobody would guess what it is. Believe me when i was young i saw so many uniform parts at attics as i grew up at the region of Sudetenland where there were loads of ww2 german stuff left everywhere where we were taking our child playfield. For example me as very young boy i was playing war game with my friends and i was running around with original MP40 rest and with original ww2 german field helmet and dressed in german black tunic etc... as i found it my uncle´s attic and my friend´s back yard/garden houses and anywhere where we were looking around etc... so that´s why im saying none uf us can judge what´s right and wrong. DOT.

well i see it simple..........black tunic could be worn by different kinds of ww2 german units such as OT / NSKK / Bahnschutz / Postschutz / Polizei / Werkschutz etc.... Im not directly saying it is SS tunic. None of us was there at that time. None of us know 100% what is right and what is wrong. You could see some genuine pieces and read some reference books but that´s all. Im sorry but that´s how i see it..........i already saw so many different genuine tunics/trousers/hats etc..on my own eyes (founds) and nobody would guess what it is. Believe me when i was young i saw so many uniform parts at attics as i grew up at the region of Sudetenland where there were loads of ww2 german stuff left everywhere where we were taking our child playfield. For example me as very young boy i was playing war game with my friends and i was running around with original MP40 rest and with original ww2 german field helmet and dressed in german black tunic etc... as i found it my uncle´s attic and my friend´s back yard/garden houses and anywhere where we were looking around etc... so that´s why im saying none uf us can judge what´s right and wrong. DOT.
    I strongly disagree with your last statement. If one has had the time and experience in handling and collecting original material over a long period of time, they certainly can judge what is genuine and what is not. To believe otherwise is a foolish mistake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Your point of view is a suggestive one, especially if you might kindly show us all your Sudetenland treasures. I well know what kind of things even today are found there, as a friend of mine had a network of contacts there, and, indeed, the residents left behind many pieces of militaria. Even a house that I rented in West Germany in the 1980s actually had an attic filled with cast off Wehrmacht items, none of which I could ship home because my sea cargo had already been returned to the U.S. before my departure.

However, your bald faced assertion that ..."none of us can judge what is right and wrong..." is totally absurd. As Bob Coleman notes, there are those of us here with a great deal of experience, as well as very costly collections, who have devoted decades to puzzling out things that you surely have no right to denigrate here. Where is your expertise other than having played with cast off German military in the Sudetenland? Some of us have done this professionally, and are recognized as such.

Yes, this tunic might well be of the period for some other organization or use, as well as being more likely redyed from some other item, as has been done for the same decades in which children have played with things found in barns left behind in the 20th century.
    Not all experts are really experts, but not all posts really have much value. It is all well and good to express your displeasure, but we do it here according to the customs and habits of this site, and you would do very well to adhere to those self same customs and habits with great care.

No one here is compelled to follow blindly what a few of us or even many of us believe. A critical approach is warranted, so long as it is based in good manners and a collegial bearing.

This collegial bearing enjoins some degree of passing notice for the fact that many people here have tried very hard for very long, and some of us at staggering expense.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Black tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedBlack tunic to be checkedThis was found in the Sudetenland, in fact, but apparently by a U.S. GI on the march to Pilsen, the farthest extent of U.S. penetration into Czechia. Sta. 101 was HQd in Saaz in the Egerland.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Dear friends, thanks for your reaction. First off all i do respect all militaria collectors around the globe as it is beautiful but costly hobby. I do understand the way you see it and i do respect everyone who has got professional approach and strong knowledge about ww2 german items. All i wanted to say is that none of us has got 100% knowledge about every single ww2 german item that did or will get on check. I have seen so many variations of ww2 german unifom items. These items were tailored with different tailor cuts and with so many different materials/fabrics. For one it is so difficult to have 100% overview and knowledge. So sometimes even if some of the displayed item may look strange or uncommonly it can be a genuine item.
    Last edited by militarypast; 12-16-2012 at 10:39 AM.

i give you one story. One of my friends have discovered in 1989 his grandfather was SS unteroffizier who dated his grandmather when he was wounded and sent to the lazaret behind the front. He has never met him as he dated his grandmather for couple of weeks and then he vanished at war end mess. He was one of the friends i was playing with when we were childs. Their house was always full of ww2 german items and as he was this typical blond guy with big blue eyes he always took the character of german officer as part of our wargames ;-)
    Last edited by militarypast; 12-16-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast