Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Black tunic, original?

Article about: by BenVK I don't know, there isn't this study going on in any other area as far as I know. So, to recap, in the terms of the SS black service cap, we know that the earlier, or at least the c

Default Re: Black tunic, original?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Glad to see that the FB house has more assorted rugs and blankets in reach of the animals than the BVK household!
    I was not joking with the foetid woolen piece, you know. My wife insists that the dog get many blankets, but these are synthetic. She is from central Europe, where it is cold, but it has been cold here this fall for my native climes, as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black tunic, original?
    P
    Many

?

Now then, in your book of materials FB, you have said that there are examples of SS tunic cloth in various shades. Are there various shades and/or weights of cloth for the black uniform. I take it that there are not any muetzenfabrik samples being that it's a clothing brochure?

My book only includes SS Tuch, SS Trikot, SS Reitkord, SS Erdbraun cotton, and the shirt cotton types. Maybe I am missing something. In an earlier book of Wehrmacht textiles I recall from memory, it listed cap and tunic and overcoat textiles. Mine has no textiles for caps, but these were lighter.
    My book is a really miracle, and I should find more of them.

The sample of SS earth brown cotton was worth the price of the entire book, as is the detailed description of the kinds of textiles and their uses.Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.

?

So in terms of the cloth used for black uniforms, was there anything of note within the book that you can tell us here?

Black tunic, original?Here is a part I can copy......

Quote by BenVK View Post
    So in terms of the cloth used for black uniforms, was there anything of note within the book that you can tell us here?
    As I noted, this firm offered at least three kinds of black textiles, which you can see in the scan. The black textiles are black, of course, though the Tuch and the Trikot and the Kord are all ever so slightly different in how the catch light.

It was the shirting cotton that differed from branch of the NSDAP to the other. The long shirt worn under the tunic is darker. I could make a display of same with a good camera, but I cannot. I have enough real brown shirts at hand, of course to compare with the swatch.

I did note that the cloth swatches are true in their color versus the items I own, which are all used, and more than seventy years old, and show their age, even when in very good shape.

All foetid and more so because of how reflection about same makes the brain into mush.

You can see the types of things listed, and I cannot find reference to headwear.

?

Facsinating! I always assumed that Trikot would have been the least expensive cloth per metre!

Having said that, we don't have the full range here..

Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Facsinating! I always assumed that Trikot would have been the least expensive cloth per metre!
    nope, Trikot was costly. Look here in the SS Kleiderkasse thingy, which only dilates on the point, though it is four years later. The SS phased in trikot in headwear because it is more hard wearing, I would guess. I have owned pants of coats made of it, and it does last a long time, so long as you do not snag it on things.
    So long as you do not....

Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?Black tunic, original?I should observe that more types of textiles apparently existed for the army and air force, of which I will make a scan later for the interest of our readers. However, the issue here is the black tunic of the SS, for which we have evidence from the years 1935 and 1940.
    By the way, where is such primary evidence for the "scull" and "prong" sorority?

?

I don't know, there isn't this study going on in any other area as far as I know.

So, to recap, in the terms of the SS black service cap, we know that the earlier, or at least the cap at the time or before the publication of this document, were made from black tuch cloth, which was cheaper per metre, at least for uniforms so I can't imagine it being any different for muetzentuche. Yet we know for certain that the later material of choice for all black hats was trikot, a much more expensive material according to this document.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast