Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Black uniform

Article about: Based on your images, Notton, I would guess this piece you just posted was put together, if the tunic itself, is authentic. This is what I meant with the various pieces found in the collapse

Default Re: Black uniform

I wonder what happened to these textiles and these people? Maybe somehow the WHW badge survived, but all the rest you see here was blown to bits. Start from the bottom and work side ways and then up....my mind is a blur.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black uniform  Black uniform 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-28-2010 at 11:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniform
    P
    Many

Or these....look carefully at the collar patches and the cuff titles....and then please explain them to me.

?

Thank you again Sir for sharing with us your passion for these disorder past years in Germany.
    Best Regards, Notton

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank you again Sir for sharing with us your passion for these disorder past years in Germany.
    Best Regards, Notton
    Dear Notton, thanks for sharing your nice things with us, in turn. German history is a wonderful thing, in fact. I am also thankful that Germany today is a place of tolerance, prosperity and good fortune, and also a place of much happiness and fulfillment in my life and those around me with many fine friends and colleagues. I first went to Germany in 1969, when the disorder part was much more tangible than it is today, of course. The memory is quite strong.
    Thanks again and congratulations on your things. cordially, FB

Thank you for posting the terrific picture of the SS Leadership School which I have not seen before.
    As for explaining it, I believe it to be the first class of School 'Tolz'. I have nothing to back-up my theory but I believe this first class wore the cuff band of the school but retained the collar patch of the unit to which they would be returning upon being commissioned. This would explain the same cuff title combined with a varied set of collar patches.
    By the 1935 I think the "SST" collar patch was worn by all participants of the school.
    One of the members of that first class was Fritz Klingenberg and I am fairly sure that he is pictured on the left of the back row.
    d'alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Thank you for posting the terrific picture of the SS Leadership School which I have not seen before.
    As for explaining it, I believe it to be the first class of School 'Tolz'. I have nothing to back-up my theory but I believe this first class wore the cuff band of the school but retained the collar patch of the unit to which they would be returning upon being commissioned. This would explain the same cuff title combined with a varied set of collar patches.
    By the 1935 I think the "SST" collar patch was worn by all participants of the school.
    One of the members of that first class was Fritz Klingenberg and I am fairly sure that he is pictured on the left of the back row.
    d'alquen

Dear Colleague, then it is a signal moment when I can post an image which you have not yet seen. I thought we were on the same distribution list with all of these. This image is from 1934, then. I have the Schulze Kossens book on the Junkerschulen, but it is hidden behind so many other books that I struggle to find any of them. The number of graduates of the two schools was never especially large and this image is an important one, to be sure.
    Thanks for the explanation. We need to transfer here some of the items of merit that have eventuated with the exchange with Wim Saris on the other site.

Happy upper Bavaria to all. I have spent so much time there recently, but I did not see these people nor they me.

You are certainly correct about the size of the schools. We can see from this list of the graduates of that first 1934 class that it was a fairly exclusive affair. Given the number of candidates in the photograph, (excluding the lecturers in the first row), that there was probably 3 sections.
    d'alquen

Thanks for the additional data in detail. These threads are a crazy quilt, to be sure, but such is life in this century. Thanks again and I am working on the CD for you. I found my IT person before she shifts to another job.

Back to the theme of SD/Sipo, here is the famous raid on the Juedische Kultusgemeinde in Wien in der Seitenstaettengasse in March 1938. It seems that the SS man with the pencil or pen has no cuff title, or maybe I cannot see it.

?

Thank you for the photo.
    This tunic was for sale by a known dealer few years ago without cufftitle aswell.I can't remember the name of the dealer.(SD raute seems little weird and not genuine but I am not sure at 100%)
    notton
    Last edited by notton; 04-16-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast