Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Black uniform

Article about: Based on your images, Notton, I would guess this piece you just posted was put together, if the tunic itself, is authentic. This is what I meant with the various pieces found in the collapse

Default Re: Black uniform

an image of note from the Peppera collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black uniform 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black uniform
    P
    Many

?

Close-up of the raute on my get-up, suggesting the differences that inevitably occured:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

Considering that such things were made by hand, by different women in cottage trades, then such variations are normal and perfectly in order.

Thanks.

?

Thank you for the photos.
    Likely, a stupid question but why some Ärmelraute have a piping for officer and some don't have any?
    Thank you in advance.
    Notton

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank you for the photos.
    Likely, a stupid question but why some Ärmelraute have a piping for officer and some don't have any?
    Thank you in advance.
    Notton
    The answer is in Mollo, vol. 5 as concerns previous membership in the Geheime Staatspolizeiamt as transferred into the SD as well as personages in the Staatspolizeileitstellen, that is career political police personnel. The Gestapa was the Prussian forerunner of the later, larger SS/SD organization in the process of the Gleichschaltung, i.e. the SS penetration of the political police in the various Laender and the reorganization of same under SS/SD aegis from 1934 until 1939. It is not a simple thing by any means. There are also SD Raute with alu/black piping, about which much debate also exists. I enclosed an image of such a uniform here, too.

For instance the black uniform I posted here has no SD Raute, but the man was perhaps a police officer with some kind of SS rank, I think, but I do not know.

I am sure we do not know the final word on these matters, either, but I rely on Mollo. Less so on the US work by an ex army officer.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-04-2010 at 02:21 AM.

?

Thank you Sir.
    Notton

Quote by notton View Post
    Thank you Sir.
    Notton
    I hope I explained the thing, but I confess that I am not at all sure that what I have written is anywhere near the last word.

I have found this book helpful to understand the processes visible in the Aermelraute.

He also knew the answer, of course. Such images as these make the thing all the more conflicted. But not everyone in his organization wore such a badge. The distinctions were a central feature of the system itself. Read the rank lists to see the proof of my generalization.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniform  

The question of the SD sleeve diamond's piping is a bit confusing. Heydrich usually wore it without piping, but I have seen a period film of Heydrich on a TV documentary where he was clearly wearing a piped version. Sorry, I don't have an image of that one.

But, here we see Arthur Nebe wearing the "SD" sleeve diamond with piping...:
    http://img.audiovis.nac.gov.pl/PIC/PIC_2-13264.jpg

...and without...:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rthur_Nebe.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast