Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

black uniforms

Article about: A Saarbruecken and Cologne black uniform as an adjunct to all the caps. Mr. Hritz will remember this uniform because of the roman numeral on the Sturmband, which I believe designates the 1st

?

Default Re: black uniforms

I think this one was for sale at WAF?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black uniforms
    P
    Many

Quote by dimas View Post
    i think this one was for sale at waf?
    yes, that is the same piece. I traded the piece posted by herr berthold to a leading canadian collector for a black s s helmet named to a totenkopf officer. He eventually traded it to the collection in which it presently rests.
    The second tunic is in the process of being sold to raise funds for some very wonderful pieces i will post here in a few weeks.
    It is difficult to let any of this material go. However, now that i am retired, budget considerations must be heeded.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

We all appreciate Mr. Coleman's wonderful collection and celebrate its further growth. The prices of these old woolen things pose a real challenge. Apropos other sites of interest, we also thank Mr. Stevenson and others for their adherence to rules of engagement that foster polite exchange, versus the lord of the flies approach that has seemed to be the norm elsewhere.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-06-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Good to see you posting again, 'F-B'.

I've missed your posts at the 'other place' this past year.

To my learned Scottish colleague, many thanks for your kind remark. We are always grateful for your wise interventions. Your written works are a beacon of light to us, and your willingness to engage the rest of us via this odd medium (unlike a handful of others) is especially laudable. cordially, FB

Addendum: since we have been on the subject of black uniforms, I enclose this informal image of a grinning former chicken farmer and ethnic cleanser in his black suit. Why the Mona Lisa grin, no one can say, but he also favored Tabak versus the abstinence of his boss. I do wonder what the ex cop in Berlin who just decapitated the Hitlerpuppe would do to our collections?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black uniforms  

another of this man... also with a grin at the fulsome odor of peas and sausage from the Gulaschkanone

His peaked cap appears to be silken, too, if you look closely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black uniforms  

some details of the Saarbruecken uniform.... from left to right, Dolchschlitz; rank badge; Sturmband, in this case for the Sturmbann.

Once more, my assumption is that the roman numeral I was for the staff, 1st Sturmbann. I wish someone had documentary evidence to this effect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black uniforms   black uniforms  

black uniforms  

as concerns the roman numeral on the cuff, here is an example of same from Saaz/Karlsbad, the Sudetenland. Burrmeister found this uniform and it was later retailed by Shea.
    Attached Images Attached Images black uniforms  black uniforms 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-07-2008 at 05:06 AM.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Yes it does the sole good to see great items like this

here is an LAH uniform. DEUMO was a B'ln firm of the era.
    Attached Images Attached Images black uniforms  black uniforms  black uniforms  black uniforms  black uniforms  black uniforms 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast