Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black uniforms period photos in color

Article about: (There are of course a lot of other uniforms too.) Here are a few. Hitler/Jaeger File source:life - Google Image Search

evan9201
    ?

Default Re: Black uniforms period photos in color

does anyone know if i could find Hugo Jaeger collection in its entirety from an on-line source?. I am really interested in seeing these pictures.

2. # ADS

Some or many of these images are in the Time/Life magazine resource in Google. For those born recently, Life magazine was a leading photo weekly illustrated of the era 1936 or so into the 1970s. I suppose that within seventy years You Tube and Facebook will be treated as a similar curiosity, but at least I won't be around to see it. Life Magazine was a similar innovation in the 1930s.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is a black uniform in color, too....

NS anti-plutocracy aside, these cig card albums were a great boon to the german tobacco companies - and therefore of course to the undertakers....

The volume on the party uniforms is quite rare, actually. I was lucky to find one. These images did I borrow from a prestige dealer, whose photography is excellent.

As concerns the noxious effects of cigarettes on Germans of the early 20th century, one would have to say that the political ideology was more fatal to all concerned than cigarette smoke, I think. In a world of bare bone consumer goods ca 1933, one cannot begrudge these people their smokes, really. Our sensibility also damns what to them was nourishing food, full of salt and fat, as well. Not good for the circulatory system, either, in a man like Adolf Wagner or the others who crapped out in their 50s. (I am pushing 56, by the way...)

I envy people of an earlier time their pleasure in small things, even tobacco. Just look at German movies of the time, as I am sure you have. They seem to be enjoying themselves. Have you passed a modern day gym in a German town recently, as I have? Less poetry there, to be sure, at least in my mind. I think people look happier smoking cigarettes in a Kneipe than they do on an elliptical machine in a gym.

The Reetsma family was one of those firms that made a lot of dough selling cigarettes to the party and armed forces, and you know of their subsequent effort to wiedergutmachen through social research on this aspect of German history.

I do not smoke, myself and never have. My beautiful and cosmopolitan step sister smoked French cigarettes while a student in France, which must have tasted like these SA cigarettes, I guess. She seemed to enjoy herself, too. I am addicted to fetid woolens.

Happy new year

a black uniform in color.....this is actually the other uniform of the man whose uniform I posted above. It came from the Coleman treasure trove.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color  

eine pfaelzische Uniform....from Kaiserslautern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black uniforms period photos in color  

Hi FB, as you touched upon cigarette card albums, it inspired me to take a few quick shots of mine.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...html#post28491

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you and happy new year. I collect these, too, such as they are. The whole Heinrich Hoffmann empire is an interesting one, as was generally the publishing aspect of the NSDAP. These people knew how to make money, surely, with innovative merchandising suited to the times. Hitler made a fortune from his book and also from the residuals from his photos.

I do not think his heirs, the Land Bayern, gets the proceeds from these cigarette books on the collector market. The "Deutschland Erwacht" variety are grossly over prices in the collector book market on line, as near as I can tell.

The volume I posted is quite rare. It was from a series of uniform picture books, two volumes of which, as concerns the present day Germany army (i.e. 1930s) and party uniforms are seldom found. Of the latter type, whence come these SS pictures, I saw my first one in 1973 and did not get actually to buy one until the 1990s.

Maybe someone can illustrate more of this genre. I am sure there are other website solely devoted to this collectible of the era.

Happy New Year

in the last pic with the nskk man,flags etc,;any idea what medal/badge the ss man is wearing on his left pocket?too early for german cross,what is it?

is it a gau badge of some sort?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast