Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967

Article about: Here is one of Bob Coleman's caps in our salad years, ca. 1967. It is an extra wear enlisted cap, but with the features of an officer's cap, i.e. a velvet band and a leather peak. Early SS c

Default Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967

Here is one of Bob Coleman's caps in our salad years, ca. 1967.

It is an extra wear enlisted cap, but with the features of an officer's cap, i.e. a velvet band and a leather peak. Early SS caps had leather peaks, surely, but this is a later make of cap.

Where is it today?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967

I recall this cap in my mind's eye a if it was yesterday. An officer quality private purchase cap with 800 silver insignia, privately made by Pekuro with a wonderful soft leather visor. The other ranks leather chin strap was attached to the cap with RZM pebbled officer style silver buttons. This was one of the last caps I sold when my first collection was broken up in 1974. Unfortunately, the fellow I sold it to removed the leather visor for a standard visor and replaced the leather chin strap with an officer cord. Ir is still out there in a collection altered but original.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Re: Bob Coleman's cap ca. 1967

Dear Bob,

this kind of piece makes us sympathize with Charles Foster Kane and his lost bob sled. I cannot imagine the despicable mind or wretched soul that would remove a leather peak from a cap like this in favor of a vulcan fiber peak. How truly awful. Such a thing is truly akin to rape. We celebrate the memory of your cap and wonder where it is and hope that one day fate will restore it to you. I am glad you preserved the images of the thing. I suppose that one is not truly a collector until one bleeds one's heart's blood for such pieces as this and their brilliant memory.
    I, myself, have gone to extraordinary lengths of foolishness to secure again pieces that I let slip away in a faraway moment.

It is a very handsome piece.

I saw a stripped of insignia grey SS peaked cap with an enlisted chin cord at a militaria meet at a US Army base in Franconia in 1982 for all of eighty dollars, which I did not buy. It had a velvet band, but no leather peak. I did not buy the piece, as I had sold my collection two years before.

Happy collecting.