Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

Article about: Is he wearing an Ehrenfuehrer cuff title and this odd Affenschaukel in the year 1934?

Default Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

Is he wearing an Ehrenfuehrer cuff title and this odd Affenschaukel in the year 1934? Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?
    P
    Many

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?Viz: ex Mollo, vol 1

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

upper: Bouhler and an Allgem SS officer ca. 1934.

lower: B. with back to camera, Nazi potentates and the interior of their caps.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-23-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is he wearing an Ehrenfuehrer cuff title and this odd Affenschaukel in the year 1934?
    Agreed on the Ehrenführer cuff title.

The lanyard, too, was a special pattern for honorary officers. If memory serves, it was officially referred to as Ehrenführergehänge.
    It was eventually discontinued and replaced by the standard dress aiguillettes. (It should be in Wim Saris' book, but I am not at home right now.)

By the way, note the ADAC sports badge worn by the SS officer in the first photo in post # 3, which still looks the same today.

Bouhler is anyway wearing the special aiguillette for Ehrenführer (and the special cuffband).

With order Ch. II Nr. 1134/34 from the Oberste SA-Führer from January 27, 1934
    an in-depth system was announced and published for the Ehrernführerkorps, as
    well as Rangführer. According to regulations they were subordinated for the Dienstvorschrift
    der SA.
    . The cuff band was ebony colored, 3.0 cm wide an at the both edges 2,0 mm wide golden
    edges (for SA; for SS in silver). Simultaneously the special aiguillette came into being.

For those interested, the subject special aiguillette was described in-depth in the in 2007 published
    book "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich". Here some pages about what was said for the SS and SA as well.

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title? Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

the black you see with b), as well as with the drawing is the black for the tunic. The braid was "open"!

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title? Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

the darker brown you see with the drawing is the color for the SA-tunic.

Default Previous thread link

Thanks d'Alquen. I did not even remember the other thread,
    even it was only a few years ago!

The NSKK also did have Ehrenführer. They were allowed to wear a special cuffband,
    but there was no special aiguillette for them.

Here the NSKK-Ehrenführer as listed in Korpsbefehl Nr. 18 from Hühnlein from May 7, 1935.

I have no exact idea for those within the SS.
    I have a list for those, assigned to a staff (17 persons - zugeteilt einem Stabe). Known is that various
    anyway were SS-Ehrenführer. For example: Bouhler, von Ribbentrop. Further, ten persons were known
    to be assigned to an SS-Standarte for Ehrendienstleistung. For example Schwarz, Forster, Loeper
    and Weber.

Thank you, dear colleagues. What with the frictions and discord of the last few months, this earlier thread slipped my old and weakened mind.
    And, I must confess that I do not own Wim's book on aiguillettes, though I have admired it from afar. Mea culpa.
    Thank you all very much. This kind of response is why you make this site such a fine locale, indeed.
    I found the Bouhler image in the Almany heap, and did not recall it.

"Thanks d'Alquen. I did not even remember the other thread"
    Wim,
    I totally sympathize. The internet is an absolutely delicious tool that provides us with much we would otherwise miss or be unaware of. However, in my experience as a research tool it is less than ideal. For me paper and simple filing system provide real information and data far more quickly and easily than endless search engine forays through a kaleidoscope of internet images and threads that disappear in the rear view mirror of memory.
    Seeing the photo you posted a few days ago of your old fashioned files, (which I enjoyed incidentally), prompts me to show a portion of my own similarly outdated shelves.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast