Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

Article about: Is he wearing an Ehrenfuehrer cuff title and this odd Affenschaukel in the year 1934?

Thanks to you all who share your fine research. Of course, the 21st century response is that all these files will be swept up in the digital typhoon somehow and those
    of fashioned types habituated to conventional research will fade away. In the meantime, those person trained in former arts and skills of historical study have borne the chief burden here. Once more, you have my warm thanks.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-23-2016 at 05:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?
    P
    Many

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    " Wim, I totally sympathize. The internet is an absolutely delicious tool that provides us with much we would otherwise miss or be unaware of. However, in my experience as a research tool it is less than ideal. For me paper and simple filing system provide real information and data far more quickly and easily than endless search engine forays through a kaleidoscope of internet images and threads that disappear in the rear view mirror of memory. d'Alquen
    Here I can fully agree. As said these days my files are not so organized anymore, but in the days it was and when I needed in formation, I had found it in a nick of time.
    I must admit I love the "rattle" of the paper when looking for a specific page and in between seeing again things I was forgotten.
    A computer is just a machine for assistance. When writing it is of course a big help, rather then typing over pages and pages when things were to be added or wrong.
    But I am in some ways quite old-fashioned and so I love paper (and books, but my library is rather small).

I rather prefer this (the organized days) :Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

then finding stuff this wayBouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

Interesting, in the Philipp Bouhler image how he looks to be wearing his Honor Ring with what seems to be a plain Wedding band of Gold beneath it first. I wonder if that was prescribed by the powers that were.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

what do you mean by wedding band of gold?

Hello Wilhelm, Enlarge the 1st image and especially so of his hand and you'll see he is wearing a plain style wedding band first and then his SS Honor Ring above it. The plain band is decidedly not made of the same metal as the silver Honor Ring and is darker. Presumably it is made of gold.

Himmler had always advocated Silver as the "metal of the SS" and I can't recall seeing many-if any-of SS officials or even rank and file-wearing Gold and especially so in contrast next to the silver Honor Ring as Bouhler is wearing it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Gentlemen the level of knowledge and willingness to share it on this forum with all collectors is extraordinary , it a credit to you all and i sincerely thank you for it.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting, in the Philipp Bouhler image how he looks to be wearing his Honor Ring with what seems to be a plain Wedding band of Gold beneath it first. I wonder if that was prescribed by the powers that were.
    I did enlarge and now I see, thanks!

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Gentlemen the level of knowledge and willingness to share it on this forum with all collectors is extraordinary , it a credit to you all and i sincerely thank you for it.
    That's the difference between a good and "bad" forum (as for example WAF where "hot air", shufflers and grumblers is the goal for most members).
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-23-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Regulations specified that holders of the SS honor ring were to wear it on the ring finger of the left hand and at all times and occasions.

(In typical SS style, there was a contradictory wartime order stating the ring should not be taken into the field so that it would not fall into enemy hands if a wearer was killed or taken prisoner.)

I don't know if wearing it next to another ring was expressly forbidden, but Himmler probably wouldn't have approved of it.

By the way: In Germany, it is customary to wear an engagement ring on the ring finger of the left hand and a wedding ring on the ring finger of the right hand, so, nornally, there was no "conflict" with the SS honor ring and a wedding band.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Regulations specified that holders of the SS honor ring were to wear it on the ring finger of the left hand and at all times and occasions.

(In typical SS style, there was a contradictory wartime order stating the ring should not be taken into the field so that it would not fall into enemy hands if a wearer was killed or taken prisoner.)

I don't know if wearing it next to another ring was expressly forbidden, but Himmler probably wouldn't have approved of it.

By the way: In Germany, it is customary to wear an engagement ring on the ring finger of the left hand and a wedding ring on the ring finger of the right hand, so, nornally, there was no "conflict" with the SS honor ring and a wedding band.
    I think the regulations set down for wearing the Ehrenring (Left hand ring finger with skull facing outwards) were not really enforced at any particular time during it's existence. Here's a couple of notable exceptions:

Joachim von Ribbentropp wearing his on his left little (pinky) finger below a gold signet ring.

It seems this was his habit and not a one off mistake...

Reinhard Heydrich wearing his Ehrenring on his RIGHT hand which was against the regulations, but with the skull correctly facing outwards as per the rules.

Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?Bouhler Ehrenfuehrer cuff title?

The photo of Phillip Bouhler at the start of this thread was taken from Reichstagung in Nurnberg 1934 published by Julius Streicher. Given this early date, (the first bestowal of the ring was 24.12.33 and known as "The Christmas Rings") it is quite probable that Bouhler was awarded his then. Although the ring is on the correct finger, it should be noted that he's wearing it with the skull facing inwards, and therefore also against the regs.

Here's Himmler wearing his ring correctly on the left hand. It's not easy to tell, but I would imagine that it's orientated the correct way with the skull facing outwards. I believe his ring was also a first awarded Christmas 1933 ring as there is a photo somewhere of him wearing it in the company of Albert Speer during preparations for the 1934 Nuremberg rally in September of that year, but I can't find it at the moment.

This begs the question what was engraved within HIS Ehrenring? "Slb. Himmler 24.12.33 H. Himmler"?!?!?! That's one I'd really like to see.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast