Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN The uniform appears to be SS in form except for no armband. I have no idea what the arm patch is as not enough is shown. The flag appears to be an early non standard Nazi flag

Question Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?

My friend has this picture and would like to know what uniform is this boy wearing? One photo is marked Hanover(Germany) by the photo shop. He has it watermarked sorry. Thank you.
    Is this boy wearing a SS uniform? Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?

Here is another photo of the boy but he is wearing a cap and an armband. Reminds me of an SS uniform. I also wonder what kind of flag is at the top of the photo and notice the poster at the upper left corner. Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?
    P
    Many

It was not uncommon in the period for a father to have a miniature uniform of his for a son to wear. The helmet is certainly too big for the lad so likely dad's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It was not uncommon in the period for a father to have a miniature uniform of his for a son to wear. The helmet is certainly too big for the lad so likely dad's.
    Thanks Bob. I've seen other boys in miniature uniforms of the Wehrmacht. Do you think this is a miniature SS uniform? Does the sleeve patch on his left arm look familiar? Any idea on the flag on the top of the photo or the poster to the upper left of the photo?

What do you want to bet that's dad behind the boy in the first picture with the proud grin on his face?

This flag is quite interesting as well and I'd think would help date the photographs which could be useful. I honestly don't know which organization the uniform is mimicking, but the early SS-Brownshirt did incorporate black buttons not unlike the ones on the child's uniform. Thanks for posting.
    Is this boy wearing a SS uniform?

The uniform appears to be SS in form except for no armband. I have no idea what the arm patch is as not enough is shown. The flag appears to be an early non standard Nazi flag. The photo is likely 1928 or 1929.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The photo is likely 1928 or 1929.
    Dad's suit appears more of a 1920s than a 1930s style.

Like Bob said, dressing up family members in your uniform and taking a few photos was common practice back then in Germany. I've run across countless photos of girlfriends, sons, mothers, etc. dressed up with various bits of German uniforms and equipment, sometimes right down to the belt and ammo pouches.

Thank you everyone for your input! So I guess the poster dated the photo's at 1932 which would make sense because of the cap worn by the boy in the second photo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast