Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.

Article about: Maybe the sociopath is simply the next evolutionary level: 100 % immune to the 21st century's ever-present risk of emotional contagion. But I hope not. (Still, I'll stay off Facebook anyway.

Default Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.
    P
    Many

For those distressed byBrave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline. scholarly articles that betray the depths of calumny in our digital age, this is a way boss cap badge.

Great period photo of the men taking a communal dump lol.

Quote by BlackWatch View Post
    Great period photo of the men taking a communal dump lol.
    Camp life has its joys.

On this site, we some times have the sh!tstorm caused by defecation of the soul about cap badges and crimped prongs.

We have good moderators who tidy up in the face of this phenomenon.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-29-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Post 2: This is a favorite occupation. In volume 5 from my headgear-series I do have such photo from the RAD.

In the other thread I mentioned the existance from the Biwakordnung. This also included a small text-
    part for Latrinen: one officially was not allowed to smoke there, nor to make fire and it was not allowed
    to drop elsewhere (das Verrichten der Notdurft ausserhalb der Latrinenanlagen).

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

We have good moderators who tidy up in the face of this phenomenon.
    Shouldn't that be faeces of this phenomenon...??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Shouldn't that be faeces of this phenomenon...??
    Why, yes! Thanks.

here is the gist of the article, by the way. Only confirms the things I have seen here for years on end.

Emotional states can be transferred to others via emotional contagion, leading people to experience the same emotions without their awareness. Emotional contagion is well established in laboratory experiments, with people transferring positive and negative emotions to others. Data from a large real-world social network, collected over a 20-y period suggests that longer-lasting moods (e.g., depression, happiness) can be transferred through networks [Fowler JH, Christakis NA (2008) BMJ 337:a2338], although the results are controversial. In an experiment with people who use Facebook, we test whether emotional contagion occurs outside of in-person interaction between individuals by reducing the amount of emotional content in the News Feed. When positive expressions were reduced, people produced fewer positive posts and more negative posts; when negative expressions were reduced, the opposite pattern occurred. These results indicate that emotions expressed by others on Facebook influence our own emotions, constituting experimental evidence for massive-scale contagion via social networks. This work also suggests that, in contrast to prevailing assumptions, in-person interaction and nonverbal cues are not strictly necessary for emotional contagion, and that the observation of others’ positive experiences constitutes a positive experience for people.

Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Brave New World: why I am grateful to the moderators for order and discipline.Emotional contagion....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Why, yes! Thanks.

here is the gist of the article, by the way. Only confirms the things I have seen here for years on end.

Emotional states can be transferred to others via emotional contagion, leading people to experience the same emotions without their awareness. Emotional contagion is well established in laboratory experiments, with people transferring positive and negative emotions to others. Data from a large real-world social network, collected over a 20-y period suggests that longer-lasting moods (e.g., depression, happiness) can be transferred through networks [Fowler JH, Christakis NA (2008) BMJ 337:a2338], although the results are controversial. In an experiment with people who use Facebook, we test whether emotional contagion occurs outside of in-person interaction between individuals by reducing the amount of emotional content in the News Feed. When positive expressions were reduced, people produced fewer positive posts and more negative posts; when negative expressions were reduced, the opposite pattern occurred. These results indicate that emotions expressed by others on Facebook influence our own emotions, constituting experimental evidence for massive-scale contagion via social networks. This work also suggests that, in contrast to prevailing assumptions, in-person interaction and nonverbal cues are not strictly necessary for emotional contagion, and that the observation of others’ positive experiences constitutes a positive experience for people.
    Nothing's new, is it F-B?. It seems to be describing "St.Vitus' dance", a form of collective hysterical disorder or "mass madness" as was seen for centuries in Europe up until the 1600's when it stopped abruptly. The similarities are all there.....

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you, dear colleague, you are absolutely right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast