Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?

Article about: Any one can enlighten me for this sleeve Insignia? Brigade Erhard, Verbandsgruppenfuhrer? But what does the angle below stands for? Superb tunic one of a kind when it survived.

Default Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?

Any one can enlighten me for this sleeve Insignia?

Brigade Erhard, Verbandsgruppenfuhrer? But what does the angle below stands for?
    Superb tunic one of a kind when it survived.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?   Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?
    P
    Many

I don't think those are the SS runes as worn on the cuff title of the Brigade Ehrhardt im Verbande der SS (as far as I know they were only worn on the Brigade's grey uniforms anyway); it actually looks like a Standarte number to me.
    (Initially, all personnel on the staff of a Standarte wore cuffbands with the Standarte number before this was limited to personnel ranked Standartenführer or higher, with lower ranks wearing a blank cuffband.)

The stripes/chevron below are Reichswehr-style shooting badges.
    They were authorized for wear with the SA- and SS uniform by an OSAF order of 1 Dec. 1933 and banned from further wear with the SA uniform on 10 Sept. 1934. However, at this time, the SS was already independent from the SA, so the order had no direct effect on the SS, where no parallel order was issued (deliberately or by oversight). A 1937 letter of the Head of the SSHA stated that it was intended to allow continued wear of these badges for those who had attained them prior to June 1935. (I don't know if this regulation was implemented as intended.)
    The width/type and number of the stripes identified the times the wearer had qualfied; the chevron signified that the wearer belonged to the Scharfschützenklasse [sharpshooter level].

Thanks und Danke for clearing it up that are left over Reichswehr shooting badges, quite interesting wearing them around 1936/37.
    Not many photos out for such material for sure. The cuffband is actually from Standarte 12.
    What I found out those are Markmansship and sniper stripes.
    BL Davis book shows also such examples worn from the LW and WH.

Thanks to Andreas for his real skill as a researcher.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks to Andreas for his real skill as a researcher.
    To give credit where credit is due, thanks must also go to d'alquen.

The detailed data on the wearing of the Reichswehr-style shooting badges is from material he had provided me a while back when I had asked him for help on the confusing matter of the SS' various shooting badges (sleeve stripes vs. sleeve diamonds vs. pinback badges).

The marksmanship sleeve badges can also be seen in post # 14 of this thread:
    Photo Reference of SS Reserve Collar Tabs

Slightly, but not totally, off-topic, here is an interesting image from my (extremely humble) "collection" of photographs showing a W-SS NCO wearing a Wehrmacht marksmanship lanyard, which was expressly prohibited. Perhaps he had qualified for it during a training period with an army school or -unit or he was a transferee. Also note the slippers:

Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?

Are any other photos known or can anyone share more photo material in wear with the blk service tunic? The one I posted is the only one I ever have seen with a clear detail, and with 3 horizontal lines and one angle.

I hope you enjoy this photo material as myself.

Here you are Robert,
    One bar and chevron from a photo in an album from one of the members of the band from SS "D". The original owner dated it 1934 but I presume it's from 1935 as they have been awarded their cufftitle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?  

Here, this one is somewhat clearer and is probably correctly captioned as to date as the band leader wears a correct blank cuffband for the period. Although not possible to see from this shot other photos interestingly show them wearing the "SS2" collar patch during the brief period when the Leibstandarte were going to be numbered "1" of the regiments.
    Another picture I posted of this insignia is in the thread HPL referenced above.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brigade Erhard cuff Insignie ?  

Thanks so much. Wonderful images.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast