Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

Article about: Christian Weber was born August 25, 1883 in Polsingen and was one of Adolf Hitlers early confidantes and political associates, carrying Nazi Party membership #15. He was a brawler and early

?

Default Re: Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

Not your typical length at 45 cm. I'm convinced this is Weber's personal CT.

Regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'm not sure he had a staff. From what I have read Fegelein was commander of the school and Weber was appointed Inspector. The title has a roughly 2 cm addition to it, to fit a very large arm.
    Some members of the SS Reitschule became involved in horse-breeding as well. Utilizing world-renowned arabian horses from Poland and Hungary, and others from the US and England, the SS began a breeding program that produced some of the finest foals in horse-breeding history. In the final days of the war, Hermann Fegelein was appointed Commandant of the S.S. Horse Farm and breeding center at Fischhorn Castle, near Zell am See, where remnants of this facility can still be seen today. [Nazi Millionaires: The Allied Search for Hidden SS Gold - Kenneth D. Alford, Theodore P. Savas]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen   Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen  

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen   Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen  

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen   Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen  

"I'm not sure he had a staff. From what I have read Fegelein was commander of the school and Weber was appointed Inspector".
    Doug, there would have been staff as the "Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen" was a department of the SS-Hauptamt. The title does sound like it is for a single person but it refers to the official name of the inspectorate of the SS Riding Schools.
    d'Alquen

?

Thanks d'Alquen, excellent information in the thread!

Awesome research Doug!!..I never seen these photos before,,and especially those with Emil Maurice in them,,,standing behind Hess. Great job!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-ReitschulenBrigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-ReitschulenBrigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-ReitschulenBrigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen
    Quote by d'alquen View Post
    "I'm not sure he had a staff. From what I have read Fegelein was commander of the school and Weber was appointed Inspector".
    Doug, there would have been staff as the "Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen" was a department of the SS-Hauptamt. The title does sound like it is for a single person but it refers to the official name of the inspectorate of the SS Riding Schools.
    d'Alquen

Perhaps my uniform had some connection to same....

I have a chart some where in these files that depicts Mr. D'Alquen's point on the organizational tie between the SS Hauptamt and the equestrian echelons.

- - Updated - -

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Some members of the SS Reitschule became involved in horse-breeding as well. Utilizing world-renowned arabian horses from Poland and Hungary, and others from the US and England, the SS began a breeding program that produced some of the finest foals in horse-breeding history. In the final days of the war, Hermann Fegelein was appointed Commandant of the S.S. Horse Farm and breeding center at Fischhorn Castle, near Zell am See, where remnants of this facility can still be seen today. [Nazi Millionaires: The Allied Search for Hidden SS Gold - Kenneth D. Alford, Theodore P. Savas]
    Very nice images.

Some good information here as well:

Forum der Wehrmacht | Einheiten der Waffen-SS und Allgemeinen SS | Zur Geschichte der SS-Kavallerie-Schule in Göttingen

Hope the link works - it's packed with information, delving deeper into the horse program . . .

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Some good information here as well:

Forum der Wehrmacht | Einheiten der Waffen-SS und Allgemeinen SS | Zur Geschichte der SS-Kavallerie-Schule in Göttingen

Hope the link works - it's packed with information, delving deeper into the horse program . . .
    Thanks. Very fine site, indeed.

Doug, this is an outstanding and rare piece, bravo!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast