Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Butschek Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Attachment 699582Attachment 699566Is this the head of the Austrian Legion and or SS Sammelstelle? Rodenbuecher? Post 13: Yes, the photo left was included in volume 4 fr

While the book concerns itself principally with the Standarten in Wien, it also treats Upper Austria, as well. It is surely one of the most exhaustive books I have ever read on the SS, and I have read more than one since
    the late 1960s.

- - ------- - -

If you are aware of other works of merit on the SS in Austria that I have overlooked, please enclose them.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.
    P
    Many

Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Some images from this album.

The group crapper at Nuremberg in 1933 or 1934 is, how you say?....derb.

Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Is this the head of the Austrian Legion and or SS Sammelstelle? Rodenbuecher?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-06-2014 at 06:37 PM.

On the other site, the voices of doom decry the support given to a dealer, but I thank this dealer that he shares these really remarkable images of this very intriguing source.
    Many of us are interested in such SS organizations in this pivotal period from about 1934 until 1938 or so, and this is a striking source.
    The epoch of Austria in the era from 1918 until 1945 is a particular interest of mine, and the role of the SS in same is also quite a compelling story.
    I thank Mr. JHAM for alerting me to this event.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Many of us are interested in such SS organizations in this pivotal period from about 1934 until 1938 or so, and this is a striking source.
    The epoch of Austria in the era from 1918 until 1945 is a particular interest of mine, and the role of the SS in same is also quite a compelling story.
    Indeed. The Rothländer book in particular makes for a fascinating read and is highly recommended to all German-speaking members.

It is probably no exaggeration to say that the pre-Anschluss Austrian Nazis and in particular the Austrian SS were in many ways (forgive the colloquialism) more "hardcore" than their German equivalents and, beyond the usual streetfighting and brawling, went into full terrorist mode.

Somewhat amusingly, the Austrian Nazi refugees even carried their ruthless activism into their German exile and sometimes behaved less like guests and more like invaders in the communities where they were billeted. Rothländer describes in detail the clashes between the members of the 1st Sturm of the SS-Sammelstelle and the citizens of the small village of Waischenfeld. Deeply appalled by the loud and arrogant behavior of the Austrian Nazis and especially their aggressive anti-church activism (in a deeply Catholic rural community), the villagers quickly grew thoroughly sick and tired of their "guests".

You will, no doubt, recognize the nature of and connection between these two exhibits at the HGM in Vienna:

Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-06-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Dear Andreas, thank you for your insights into the book and the lives of these people. Thanks, too, for the scenes from the museum in Vienna. your loyal, FB

Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Notice headwear.

Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Butschek  Austrian Legion photo album of noteworthy interest.Some more images from this fine source.... photos courtesy of Butschek and all this can be yours, too...

Does one of you know if this image of urban combat training was in Bavaria?
    It is especially suggestive in view of the role of the Viennese SS units in the 1934 Elementar Erreignis Putsch against the Dolfuss Staendestaat....as so nicely shown with Andreas' pictures from the HGM in Wien.

Quote by Walter View Post
    What kind of cuff title is that? I know there was an Oberabschnitt Donau, but it didn't exist at the time the photo would have been taken.
    Hi Walter..it would be beyond me to add anything more..as Im just a student here. Seasoned knowledge has answered the most difficult questions.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast