Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

Article about: Hey guys, This afternoon im going to get the SS Sturmmann jacket that i had my eyes on for a while. Its a late 1944 made jacket This jacket was owned by a SS KZ guard, all passes and documen

Default Re: Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

The sources of agony for SS collectors reside in cap badges, peaked caps, daggers and also the grey tunics. This story is an all too common and depressing one. I am sure I left out something from my list of disasters, fakes and frauds. But the sites are filled with tales of remorse and loathing as concerns grey uniforms in their number.

The daggers site and the Wehrmacht awards site suffocated in this sort of thing.

Sorry for the disappointment, but such is the beginning of real learning.

Such is also why I decided around 1969 or so to collect black SS uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buying SS KZ Jacket this afternoon

I am pleased that the Forum saved you from making a large mistake. Some items are difficult to judge from pictures alone. In the case of the subject tunic, judgement was fairly easy.
    May I suggest that before you lay down serious money for any collectable object, read, read and read some more. Before placing money in an object, first purchase some reference books and learn everything you can with regards to an item you would like to collect.
    I am in agreement with Dimas on the concept of a "blacklist." The basic problem with such a list is there is no way to verify any information posted. An individual can blacken the name of another out of jealousy or spite. Start your own personal blacklist. You already have Mr. #1 for it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3