Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buying SS uniform

Article about: Ikarus and Ewan - To summarize all this, at least in terms of price, I would venture that an intact, organic black uniform, especially of the VT or TV, would run \\$12-18K these days, slightly

IkarusCRO
    ?

Default Buying SS uniform

I'm new here. I was collecting diferent things, and now I started to collect WW2 military stuff. Now, I'm interested in SS uniform.

I'm looking for black SS uniform, in good shape, a visor hat (black also), pants if possible and nazi ribbon (arm band).

I'm ready to pay about 120 US dolars, we can discuss about price ofcourse.

If someone is ready to sell those things or one of those things, please post an image so I can see that thing.

P. S.

Iron Cross would be also nice, also in good shape (we can disscus about the price).

2. # ADS

Default Re: Buying SS uniform

So you don't want a real one?

A re-enactors uniform will cost you about $200

An original jacket $6-7k upwards ....................cap $4k upwards Trousers about $2500, upwards

armband about $400

You might find an EK1 for about $150,

My advise is to stick to Army, not SS it will all end in tears
    And welcome

Welcome to the forum.

However, I am sorry to shater your illusions, but to buy an original cap and uniform etc you will be looking at an outlay of over $20,000.

Cheers, Ade.

hi and welcome to the forum!

man 10 grand for a set up now i dont see the attraction even if i had the money it would not be ss uniforms i bought but thats just me i suppose.

cheers ewan

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    hi and welcome to the forum!

man 10 grand for a set up now i dont see the attraction even if i had the money it would not be ss uniforms i bought but thats just me i suppose.

cheers ewan
    I should have heeded Ewan's sage advice at an early age (long before he was born...), but instead surrendered all to the Moloch of foetid woolens. The cap on the left here is now to be found in the Shea Beaver book, which I did not know when I sold it, of course. Now it resides in a nice collection of a good friend and a pillar of this site.

It is as in Dante's Inferno: "Abandon all hope ye who enter here...."

Nor do I wish to tease anyone or otherwise misbehave, but were I to sell these (which I do intend to do at some point in this decade...) then I would ask more than our new member is willing to pay.

I think we went through this all recently as concerns what the seeker of old clothes must know before he embarks on the search for the foetid black grail, did we not?

I did a little essay on noteworthy features of same.

Happy new year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying SS uniform   Buying SS uniform  

These things do have a certain charm to them, really.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying SS uniform  

It grows on you over time so you do not notice that you are spending what was once one's entire yearly income on a single jacket.

hi again dont get me wrong they are very impressive uniforms well done

Then you find that you buy a jacket and a hat that cost multiples of your yearly salary and you are totally lost.....kaput.
    Attached Images Attached Images Buying SS uniform  Buying SS uniform 

some very nice caps you have also! think what it would take to collect these today

regards ewan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast