Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

Article about: I was wondering if anybody could guess what the patch is on this SS Officer's left arm - below his arm band? I think he is collecting money for a charity. WHW? If you look behind him at the

Default Re: can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

Quote by vady View Post
    >the regime seized upon ideas, traditions, institutions and practices from various sources to add credibility to itself<

just so fb - millions of german army belt buckles proclaimed, "god is with us."

> things improved from 1933 until 1939 for many people, even if they lost their civil rights.<

also correct - the proverbial faustian bargain. an economic miracle it all looked to the average german let alone the much-impressed world... even ah's arch-enemies were forced to ask, "how'd he do that?" maybe there was too much "how" and not enuf "why."

Thank you. My point: the secret police man in the picture seeking coins from children fits within a place and time which we outsiders have trouble understanding. Perhaps in the future, we will find it easier. But I add the extra material here to illuminate the place and time.

The alternative is to count the strands of alu. wire in the SD badge on the man's sleeve and be content with such a count, like the purchase of over priced bed linen, i.e. to be a consumer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?
    P
    Many

?

;-)

Kursk
    ?

WHW did indeed help many tens of thousands of Germans with an acute need for food, clothing and shelter.

I have members of my own family who benefited from the program.In fact, much as today, it was often the poorest who gave what they could to help their fellow neighbours out, as WHW donations were meant to help those in the immediate area from where they were collected.

We may deride the various programs initiated by the state, but there was accountability and many an official who was seen to abuse their power and misuse monies was severely dealt with.

It was not only the average German citizen who benefited from WHW..many thousands of SA and SS men below the rank of sgt. were not paid.WHW programs either contributed directly to the welfare of the individual SA/SS mann's family or helped the local area commander set up Sturm level soup kitchens that could be accessed by the rank and file.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Maybe we should collect space man lunch boxes.
    Ask and ye shall receive!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The alternative is to count the strands of alu. wire in the SD badge on the man's sleeve and be content with such a count, like the purchase of over priced bed linen, i.e. to be a consumer.
    Now now fb! I for one am VERY happy with my overpriced 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen, they are soft-as! Though, I must admit, they do look heavier than regular underpriced low thread count bed linen, the better half seems to struggle when she is making the bed.....by herself

Thank you for the riposte. Granted how the SS regalia trade has evolved since I wrote that, I should collect lunch boxes. Gruess nach Australien!can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?can anybody ID the patch on this SS Officer?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3