Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

Article about: This cap is well pictured in the Shea Beaver book and also has the velvet band added, but the Saaz one looks as if it was done at home, whereas this one was done professionally or surely by

Default Re: Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.This cap is well pictured in the Shea Beaver book and also has the velvet band added, but the Saaz one looks as if it was done at home, whereas this one was done professionally or surely by someone with greater skill.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.There is no "textbook" in all of this. There were regulation items, to be sure, which were standardized more or less. But within such standardization existed far more variety and subtle nuance than certain dogmatic dullards wish to allow. The digital freak show with its rush to dogmatism and group think robs collectors of this variety, and those persons who bow to such stupid and really absurd anti historical shibbobleths have only themselves to blame when they end up with a hum drum pile of junk.

?

Another SS Standarten Oberjunker cap that I found in my files. Since I organize my files poorly, I can not recall from where I pinched these from the digital ether...
    Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

The item above is not my property but I extend my thanks for the use of the images. The price tag is a nice extra, I'm still searching for a cap with one.

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 02-27-2013 at 10:54 AM.

?

The aforementioned officer upgrade cap from Shea, perched atop a favorite tunic of mine that comes from a fine collection and a gentleman collector.
    Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

The cap was not cheap and I am surely thought of as a fool for paying what I did for it. I like the quality of the piece, it is an earlier cap with the white tag inside and a finer textile than that found in later caps like the one above. The velvet band isn't applied as nicely as one would find on a cap that started out as an officer's but I do enjoy the idea of an honest cap that was used, though seemingly only on occasion, and upgraded with the idea of thrift and utility. I think it complements the Stammabteilung tunic well.

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Another SS Standartenoberjunker cap that I found in my files. Since I organize my files poorly, I can not recall from where I pinched these from the digital ether...
    Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.

The item above is not my property but I extend my thanks for the use of the images. The price tag is a nice extra, I'm still searching for a cap with one.

CMH
    Thanks. One of the midwestern dealers had this piece, which is a Lubstein, and a relative of the Sayle F cap of similar date.

- - Updated - -

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    The aforementioned officer upgrade cap from Shea, perched atop a favorite tunic of mine that comes from a fine collection and a gentleman collector.

The cap was not cheap and I am surely thought of as a fool for paying what I did for it. I like the quality of the piece, it is an earlier cap with the white tag inside and a finer textile than that found in later caps like the one above. The velvet band isn't applied as nicely as one would find on a cap that started out as an officer's but I do enjoy the idea of an honest cap that was used, though seemingly only on occasion, and upgraded with the idea of thrift and utility. I think it complements the Stammabteilung tunic well.

CMH
    Wonderful Montur. You can buy my collection and mine will keep yours company and you will have to buy many moth satchels or something.

Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.Caps from the Fa. Kornacker, ca. 1938, includes an officer redecorate from enlisted.The cuddling of authentic, foetid woolens is a source of endless contentment.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-26-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2