Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei

Article about: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLu3mXux18 >https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLu3mXux18 type= application/x-shockwave-flash wmode= transparent width= 425 height= 344 > I thought this was very i

?

Default Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLu3mXux18

I thought this was very interesting, the title says it's from 1936 but I don't know if that's right.

Patrick

*edit* tried turning the link into a video format(?) so you don't need to go to another page, but it didn't seem to work. Anyone know how to fix that?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei
    P
    Many

Changing of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiI think this film of Berlin is of a later date, as it shows Speer's Ost/West Achse, which today is called the Strasse d . 17 Juni in a completed state with the Siegessaeule in the middle of Tiergarten. The latter was completed, I thought, in 1939. In any case, one can also check as to when the whole white leather Montur was introduced in the LAH.

Someone here knows better than do I.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Changing of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the Reichskanzleiand, the scene in the inner court yard of the Reichskanzlei (right in plan) is plainly not from 1936, and this new building was built in the course of 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei   Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei  

I saw the Breker die Wehrmacht in the German Historical Museum on the Linden in the fall. Quite a sight to be sure. And it is a copy, but it is still something. Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei

mein namen ist kleiner willy.

If we cast our glance back to the video, Mollo suggests in vol. III that the all white kit, to include the white ammo Taschen, were in place as of January of 1938

- - ------- - -

...not 1936.

Such persons as Mr. d'Alquen have devoted decades to the study of images bound together with the SS regulations.

Such scholarship enables us to date pictures.

Changing of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiA small victory for me in this regard is the purchase from Peter Jenkins of the Freiherr v. Eelking book on the uniforms of the brown shirts in the original. Have sought it for fifty years.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2015 at 11:37 PM.

?

Thanks FB for all the fantastic information. As I said I didn't feel 1936 was correct, I just couldn't remember exactly why.

Patrick

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Thanks FB for all the fantastic information. As I said I didn't feel 1936 was correct, I just couldn't remember exactly why.

Patrick

You historical cunning is first rate, Patrick. Bravo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast