Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei

Article about: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLu3mXux18 >https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLu3mXux18 type= application/x-shockwave-flash wmode= transparent width= 425 height= 344 > I thought this was very i

that is, your sense of the value of the sources, and whether they actually say what someone else attributes to them.

Dating the images is an important skill, especially if you want to collect arcane, rare and noteworthy things.

Don't rely on what is misidentified in the internet, or even in some printed sources.

- - ------- - -

this thread speaks to this issue.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Changing of the Guard at the Reichskanzlei
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 795352Attachment 795353A small victory for me in this regard is the purchase from Peter Jenkins of the Freiherr v. Eelking book on the uniforms of the brown shirts in the original. Have sought it for fifty years.
    Well done, FB. Did you also secure the following?

I was considering purchasing it but had to purpose funds for the conservation of the poster Peter offered instead.

Best,

CMH

?

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Thanks FB for all the fantastic information. As I said I didn't feel 1936 was correct, I just couldn't remember exactly why.

Patrick

Patrick is an insightful young man and an asset to this forum.

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Well done, FB. Did you also secure the following?

I was considering purchasing it but had to purpose funds for the conservation of the poster Peter offered instead.

Best,

CMH
    Why, yes, I did. You can then buy it from me. It is still in the family.

Changing of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiI bought the v. Eelking, the tailor Innung book, the Hettler, and the SA handbook. They aren't cheap, but they are also ever seldom for sale, either.

I was raised with the English language translation of Hettler. I have the reprint. The original is not much to look at, but I got the translation in 1 9 6 7.
    I re read it last night, and it is such a pleasing book.

The tailor Innung book is interesting, since it makes clear how much work goes into a uniform and why they cannot really be faked properly.

The apprenticeship for a tailor in waiting in Vienna in the epoch was eight years in length. Such a thing is unfeasible in today's globalized, Betriebswirtschaftslehre world, and
    nor do such uniforms exist in either Germany or Austria in such numbers and such cost. The thing is more or less a lost art, especially as these books make clear,
    as they were written by craftsmen and artisans for the young in an archaic language.

The SA handbook is filled with interesting things. It is like the normal military Reibert, but I have not seen it for the SA, ever.

It especially describes the operations and logistics of party rallies in a compelling way, and with pleasing illustrations.

I have collected Nazi books since the end of the 1960s.

My warm thanks to Peter Jenkins.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-29-2015 at 06:04 AM.

The clip is from 1936. This scene was included in the 1936 film Berlin Reichshauptstad.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    The clip is from 1936. This scene was included in the 1936 film Berlin Reichshauptstad.
    You do want to distinguish between what You Tube says about an item and what is really the case based on historical facts.

I do not want to hurt the feelings of young people, but some of us have been doing picture research in Third Reich history in a more or less official, that is, actually getting paid for it, since the mid 1970s.

The new Reichs Chancellery did not exist in the year 1936. Speer began its construction in 1937. Nor had the Charlottenburger Chausee yet been fully rebuilt by Speer as the Ost-West Achse.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpu22gTyTIs

Changing of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiChanging of the Guard at the ReichskanzleiThis portion of the chancellery depicted in the film did not exist in 1936.

See:

/www.dhm.de/lemo/kapitel/ns-regime/innenpolitik/neue-reichskanzlei.html

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You do want to distinguish between what You Tube says about an item and what is really the case based on historical facts.

I do not want to hurt the feelings of young people, but some of us have been doing picture research in Third Reich history in a more or less official, that is, actually getting paid for it, since the mid 1970s.

The new Reichs Chancellery did not exist in the year 1936. Speer began its construction in 1937. Nor had the Charlottenburger Chausee yet been fully rebuilt by Speer as the Ost-West Achse.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpu22gTyTIs
    Hey F-B,

No feelings hurt here. I don't claim to be qualified to comment on this subject and I think my comment came off in a wrong way. I appreciate the work that others have done.

I simply saw the same clip in the short film that I mentioned.

Here's the full film. The clip can be seen at the very end of it.

https://archive.org/details/Berlin_R...auptstadt_1936

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast