Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform

Article about: You SS collectors have probably seen this before, but it is a first for me--an A-SS officer wearing the closed-neck A-SS tunic in fieldgray:

Default Re: Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform

If he was attached to one of the main Amts, would he then have been able to wear an other ranks fieldgrey bluse from the appropriate stores in order to save on the wear and tear to his black uniform?

Also, does he have a long pullover underneath his tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform
    P
    Many

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS Uniform
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes; that's right. Personnel of the Allgemeine SS were not authorized to wear the "Army-style" shoulder boards. These were restricted to the armed SS formations of the SSVT/SSTV/W-SS. (plus the SD/Sipo before its transition to "Police-style" boards)

No, this was certainly not the reason. His wearing of a field blouse would have had to do with his current duties - probably directly connected to the war effort - but not with a future W-SS affiliation.

The shoulder boards are of this type. My German friend is correct as ever as to the prohibition on the wearing of SS at arms style of shoulder insignia. This issue was a major one in the life of the SS.

now that is a photo i would love to add to the collection.

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS UniformClosed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS UniformHere is an Austrian Allgem. SS man (Oberabschnitt Alpenland) with Waffen SS soldiers.

Closed-Collar Feldgrau A-SS UniformThis volume which I recommend with enthusiasm depicts an Allgem. SS unit in the Sudetenland/Moravia from its inception through much of the war. The volume shows similar closed collar uniforms, but worn open with the neck tie and shirt. The command group of Allgem. SS units appears to have been enabled to wear the grey uniform, while the rank and file retained the black uniform. This book is a very fine one, with very clear images apparently from the Nachlass of Kerl Hermann Frank, whose helmet also appeared in the Grenadier company and is in a collection of a member here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-25-2012 at 07:00 PM.

An interesting photo F.B. (Allgemeine with Waffen SS), although I am at a loss to decipher his cuff-title. Perhaps these may have previously been collegues in his Allgemeine Unit, now serving in the Waffen SS.

Quote by greimers View Post
    An interesting photo F.B. (Allgemeine with Waffen SS), although I am at a loss to decipher his cuff-title.
    It says "Alpenland".

Quote by greimers View Post
    An interesting photo F.B. (Allgemeine with Waffen SS), although I am at a loss to decipher his cuff-title. Perhaps these may have previously been collegues in his Allgemeine Unit, now serving in the Waffen SS.
    Allgemeine SS units provided morale and welfare support for Waffen SS units. I have seen such activities enshrined in another Austrian photo album of the Krems Standarte and Waffen SS troops on leave.

?

trenchant & illuminating thread. thanks for it.

Quote by vady View Post
    trenchant & illuminating thread. thanks for it.
    Thanks. Nice to see you here. Do post more often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast