Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Collar tab: anyone know what this is?

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Before I terminate your membership here, I thought I would tell you why. This forum prides itself on being a friendly, welcoming place, where good manners are the norm. I

Default Collar tab: anyone know what this is?

does anyone know what this is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tab: anyone know what this is?   Collar tab: anyone know what this is?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar tab: anyone know what this is?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this

Quote by pritt1mo View Post
    does anyone know what this is
    It's a piece of material that looks vaguely like an SS tab but it is not.
    The numbers look to be (badly) done by hand and other than that I have no idea what this could be.

Default Museum curator opinion

Hello collector,
    if this is genuine it is an old homemade version of SA/SS collartabs in the Sa period but it is doubtful due to the fact it is sloppy,strange makeup,
    and looks like no other collartabs i have ever seen before.now you can take my opinion for what it is worth but I being a curator who's specialty is WW2 especially German and other WW2 anything I think you ought to ask for your money back.I would if I were you.Sorry there is a lot of fakery in this business.unfortunate but true, Any other ?'s
    Regards,
    Paul

Default Re: Collar tab: anyone know what this is?

I agree with Mallagante. If a homedone early original piece, no one would believe it due to the low quality of the stitching. It is not worth collecting in my opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Advertising your web site is not allowed on this Forum. I have deleted your last post.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Advertising your web site is not allowed on this Forum. I have deleted your last post.

WOW I bet you have a lot of friends being such a nice guy....

Quote by pritt1mo View Post
    WOW I bet you have a lot of friends being such a nice guy....
    Hate to say friend but that is why it says Moderator under his screen name...

I agree with the others though, home made/early SA.

Jeff

Before I terminate your membership here, I thought I would tell you why.

This forum prides itself on being a friendly, welcoming place, where good manners are the norm. I see no "please" in your initial post nor a "thank you" for the help recieved. Instead you want a free ride by advertsing your site. I do not suppose it has ever crossed your mind that the forum costs many thousands of dollars a year to operate? Bob was entirely correct in removing the offending post and telling you why. We have advertisers who pay for their ads (which helps support the forum) so why should you get a free ride? To reply with such a sarcastic post shows that you have no future here. And by the way, Bob is a highly respected and valued member of the forum who is held in very high regard by the membership.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The guy has started five threads including this one since joining; every single one is about a competely bogus item(s) and generally start as 'anyone know what this is?'

In one he uses the old chestnut 'I was clearing out my grandfathers stuff and....'. This chap is dead wood, better for all he goes.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It was quite evident that this fellow was hoping to have some of his horrible fakes vetted by the membership here. After having no success, he tried listing his website. Odd for someone asking help don't you think? He chose the wrong Forum and his loss is no loss to our membership.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast