Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar tab, original?

Article about: Here is a collar tab i am also wondering on the originality, thanks!

?

Default Collar tab, original?

Here is a collar tab i am also wondering on the originality, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tab, original?   Collar tab, original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar tab, original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collar tab, original?

Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?In my opinion, a fake. Compare closely to these examples. Tag is also likely a fake, of course.

Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Foetid woolens and their riddles, enigmas, mysteries, and traps..... woe be to those who stumble into this quicksand without adequate knowledge and mutual aid.

?

Thanks FB, that was my first impression as well !!!!

Quote by Newbie View Post
    Thanks FB, that was my first impression as well !!!!

Bravo. Look at Whammond, or Shea, or Bruce Herman for real objects of this type. The keys here are: a.) the badge cloth, which in an example of the year 1935/6, should be marvelous, pure wool of superior quality....I won't generalize about the later badges, as they surely were of lesser quality; however, in this epoch, they were made of pure wool. This fact is why the moths go for the patches before they eat the tunic, since the latter had mixture of other fibers with wool.

Secondly, the piping alu/black is very distinctive, as seen in attachments. Authentic piping in loose form exists. The piping in the early era for the collar patch was to be 1.5 cms, but is often 2 cms as for the collar itself.

Happy foetid woolens. Pennsylvania is full of old Nazi junk to hear my dealer interlocutors tell it. Viel Sammlerglueck.Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?Collar tab, original?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-25-2012 at 01:35 AM.

FB....you are incredible...