Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Collar tabs SS BeVo

Article about: Hello, I'm worried about one question, I ask you to be extremely available on it. As I already noticed, the collectors of the militarists split into two camps, some believe that this collar

Well done. I post pictures from books in order to promote knowledge and the sales of books. I write books, so I hope people will buy them,
    but we serve the truth. Here this young collector gets a good lesson and he or she is inclined to say thank you, which is better than getting
    kicked in the head.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar tabs SS BeVo
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Upon reviewing the other books in the the three volume set, Vol II has this collar shown on several uniforms.
    The author states, " Machine-woven enlisted ranks collar tab. Although loose examples of these collar tabs
    are quite common due to large stocks captured at the end of the war, it is quite rare to
    see them originally attached to a uniform "

From "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" Vol II by Micheal D. Beaver

The original or a fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar tabs SS BeVo   Collar tabs SS BeVo  

Quote by Kalan4a View Post
    The original or a fake?
    Original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Kalan4a View Post
    The original or a fake?
    All good .. ! See also this thread for similar tabs >> SS collar tab cardboard backing for review

For the thread starter :

This thread did puzzle me thoroughly .. !
    Among the Dachau veteran finds were indeed many odd insignia that never saw use / issue , so I can understand some confusion there .
    But of all insignia found there , the BeVo rune tabs are well documented as being period issued & worn ..
    See also this thread for some fine examples >> SS collar tab cardboard backing for review

Quote by CBH View Post
    I believe the Beaver book "Insignia and Artifacts of the SS" is out of print, unfortunately .
    There is a similar collar shown in Beaver's "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" Vol III , it's piped in pink and on a SS-Panzer captured uniform.
    These books are still in print and well worth the money.
    Hi all, I can confirm that I bought a signed copy of this 2 weeks ago from Mr Bando' s 101st Airborne Site. Having read some of the comments about this book & it's field, I enquired & to my delight was still available ! It's a first class reference, book & am so glad I read FB' s recommendation on previous thread, thank you. There are many interesting veteran souvenir acquisition stories & 100s of detailed photos of beautiful insignia (wish I could win the lottery !). A highly recommended purchase !
    Kind Regards
    Paul

The thing is also in print in French. In Amazon the US printed book is a fortune.
    I do not know why the US book is so rare, or, because the goons on the idiot site fragged poor Bando,
    he packed it in. Maybe.
    Which goes to show you why I write with such skepticism about many people whose sense of boundless self esteem
    and affect precludes them from being successful collectors.
    Certain people here can endure absolutely no cognitive dissonance, whereas this pursuit
    requires ample toleranace for mental challenge.

I enjoy recommending books, because I write them, and the Bando book has some quirky features, but it is a pretty astonishing piece of work.
    It has a lot more merit that many other books that get quoted here, and rest of a shaky basis either because of sloth or malice.
    Usually the former is dominant.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    For the thread starter :

This thread did puzzle me thoroughly .. !
    Among the Dachau veteran finds were indeed many odd insignia that never saw use / issue , so I can understand some confusion there .
    But of all insignia found there , the BeVo rune tabs are well documented as being period issued & worn ..
    See also this thread for some fine examples >> SS collar tab cardboard backing for review
    We are very grateful to you that you share your fine resources with us. It is a boon to all and we salute you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4