Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Colleague Peter's black cap

Article about: Our colleague Peter sold a nice early black enlisted cap on his site recently. Maybe he will post some pictures of same for us here. It is a nice, attractive piece with many pleasing feature

Default Colleague Peter's black cap

Our colleague Peter sold a nice early black enlisted cap on his site recently. Maybe he will post some pictures of same for us here.

It is a nice, attractive piece with many pleasing features.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Colleague Peter's black cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Colleague Peter's black cap

here it is.....congratulations to its new owner for their discerning taste. It is such a pleasure to see nice, real things instead of all the dreadful junk that so crowds the other sites.
    Attached Images Attached Images Colleague Peter's black cap 

gratulations to the buyer! Really a wonderful early cap.

Here is its cousin... The badges on Peter J's strike me as original. I am not sure those on mine are organic to this cap, but it is the one in the Hayes book. I am more liberal than others on the topic of cap badges and the doctrine of affixation.
    I think this cap of mine was a Wachverband/SSTV Oberbayern member's property. I think many caps like this had their badges stripped at the time either by the Germans or the souvenir hunter of the era.

Happy headwear.
    Attached Images Attached Images Colleague Peter's black cap 

?

Guys i need some advice ?. I know where there is a totally genuine and fully marked EM cap with a nice leather chin strap and SS logo on the inside visor but this cap although it has no insignia you can see where it was once sited. The problem is that the cap is being used by a fancy dress shop and no matter how hard i have tried the guy wont sell the cap but still he lets it go out for hire,I just know that one day its going to be returned totally trashed or not at all.He thinks its just a bit of old tat but i dont want to give him any more info than i have to . what would you do?

Hi Dave, while it would not be ethical nor legal, and I am not suggesting to do this, but it must be tempting to hire it and "loose" it and then pay the fine.

I remember seeing a wartime British Generals Red Beret many years ago: same story as you. (No, I never did get it!)

Cheers, Ade.

RENT IT AND LOSE IT(BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES) AND REPENT,,,

You gentlemen have me in shock ! I as a former Peace officer consider this an unlawful, unethical act to which many of my law-enforcement collegues themselves have been engaged with

I can tell you stories but honestly to rescue the cap would probably be an act of justice. The cap if is truely original must be rescued.

rgds, Ty