Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Collection filler

Article about: I find it intimidating to see not one but 4 SD uniforms in one place...makes me wonder by this photo what they were thinking or doing while in that location. Most noticeably are the 4 SD sle

Default Collection filler

Sorry biut side wats picx Well I bought this ss cap the other day. It is a reproduction, but the insignia is not all shiny it looks old which I love, and it also smells old, probably just from sitting in the ima (International military antiques) warehouse for a while, now before some one starts ranting the reason I got a repro is because I'm 15 and don't have a couple grand in my wallet for a real one. But I love this one with the exception of the made in Pakistan for ima tag inside but over all I like it. Also that is part of my german Shepard in the back, who won't stop sniffing my cap for some reason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collection filler   Collection filler  

Collection filler  
    Last edited by warbuff; 08-17-2013 at 03:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection filler
    P
    Many

Does anyone know how to age the leather a bit?

Let your dog play with it, you know he wants to.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That thing is junk and no better than a McDonalds burger.

If you want a quality reproduction SS visor, buy this one:

Elite Schirmmütze Offizier WXX feines Wolltuch G.A. Hoffmann Berlin Gr.58 JANKE | eBay

I appreciate your opinion and respect it, but I don't have 200 for a reproduction, and I do realize it is a high quality cap. Thanks for posting.

Collection fillerThe seeker will harvest more for his or her effort with some aesthetic composition of such images, i.e. that are empty of disjointed body parts, dirty nails, jarring angles of view etc.

This enclosure is a more productive addition to our visual efforts.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    That thing is junk and no better than a McDonalds burger.

If you want a quality reproduction SS visor, buy this one:

Elite Schirmmütze Offizier WXX feines Wolltuch G.A. Hoffmann Berlin Gr.58 JANKE | eBay
    well done with this rude post he is only 15

?

Stay motivated! Collections always start somewhere! Mine started with three medals, one being a fake. No shame in it. Keep studying, keep learning and don't let people tell you what you're doing is dumb. No one here wants to see a fellow collector use their money on repros, but if you wish to be a collector of SS items your options are limited due to pricing. You'll get there!

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Sorry biut side wats picx Well I bought this ss cap the other day. It is a reproduction, but the insignia is not all shiny it looks old which I love, and it also smells old, probably just from sitting in the ima (International military antiques) warehouse for a while, now before some one starts ranting the reason I got a repro is because I'm 15 and don't have a couple grand in my wallet for a real one. But I love this one with the exception of the made in Pakistan for ima tag inside but over all I like it. Also that is part of my german Shepard in the back, who won't stop sniffing my cap for some reason
    My thoughts that i think will serve you well is not buy repos at all . For the price of one REPO you could buy a nice iron cross second class / wound badge ect ect party pins there nice . And they will be real ! Once you start letting repos in to your collection it taints what real things you do have and will have later on .
    and will bring dought around what real things you have ,

Hi Warbuff-
    It is understandable that at age 15 you do not have a lot of disposable cash to buy relics. I hope this piece will satisfy you until you get older, have a job and can afford to buy genuine pieces. At least you have time to study and learn before you decide to dive in to thatfirst purchase of a genuine item. Buy books in the field you want to collect and learn as much as you can. Too many of today's new collectors depend on the forums to teach them everything. With that attitude, one learns little to nothing. Knowledge can only be attained by one's self education.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast