Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Collection filler

Article about: I find it intimidating to see not one but 4 SD uniforms in one place...makes me wonder by this photo what they were thinking or doing while in that location. Most noticeably are the 4 SD sle

Good editing of the pictures and we like the paws of the dog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection filler
    P
    Many

If you want to age leather, get it solidly wet and let it dry by a heater or out in the sun. That will take the sheen from it. How come this cap came with no cords or strap?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by warbuff View Post
    I'm 15 and don't have a couple grand in my wallet for a real one.
    No shame in that. I'm 31 and don't have a couple grand, either. In due time, my young friend.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    No shame in that. I'm 31 and don't have a couple grand, either. In due time, my young friend.

nice one i think there wanting more then a couple from what i see

Out of all the items in my collection only 3 of them are repros, the cap, a bayonet scabbard, and a cloth ss eagle. The scabbard and eagle I am getting rid of at the next gun show anyway so the cap is gonna be the only repro I have. My collection is not full of repros. Trust me I like original stuff way better, and if there was an original ss cap in front of me and I had the money I would defiantly buy it. Also thanks for the support

Collection fillerEverything in the fullness of time.....

If e weather clears up I will take some pics of the cap with this background. And then swap with the original pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collection filler  

sehr schoen.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Warbuff-
    It is understandable that at age 15 you do not have a lot of disposable cash to buy relics. I hope this piece will satisfy you until you get older, have a job and can afford to buy genuine pieces. At least you have time to study and learn before you decide to dive in to thatfirst purchase of a genuine item. Buy books in the field you want to collect and learn as much as you can. Too many of today's new collectors depend on the forums to teach them everything. With that attitude, one learns little to nothing. Knowledge can only be attained by one's self education.

I share my senior colleague's sentiment. What some of us show here is the sum of a life time.

I would also say that one thing someone can collect at little cost is or areCollection fillerCollection fillerCollection fillerCollection fillerCollection fillerCollection fillerCollection filler all the pictures a handful of us have provided, which is a treasure of some value barring the actual object.
    I well understand the desire of a young person to have these things, as I recall this wish which has actually become out of all proportion in myself. In retrospect, I hardly grew out of it and instead have given into it, whereby I guess, I could have done something else with the money.
    My collection will get broken up presently, just as such 15 year old persons come into money and the cycle enters into a new phase.
    A young collector, however, can dispose of a visual archive of great detail and quality that was beyond unthinkable for me, say, in 1967.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast