Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.

Article about: by GIZMO8Z FB, I know the photo is horrible, but would you say that this style of cap stands a chance of being the same style that my great grandfather is wearing in my profile pic? Attachme

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    FB, I know the photo is horrible, but would you say that this style of cap stands a chance of being the same style that my great grandfather is wearing in my profile pic?

Attachment 662835
    Dear Sir, said cap is similar. The cap worn by your relative appears to be the last model black SS enlisted cap ca. 1939, which had a tall crown.
    Or, said cap was made since and, also, with a tall crown.
    It is impossible to know really.

The main thing being that the earlier species had a lower crown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.
    P
    Many

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    In case everyone didn't check C.G. the price is $5,977.
    I won't comment on prices. I do comment on the object, which, in this case, has some merit.

Earlier I asked for sources of such items with bargain prices, and evidence of same, and, despite hundreds of views by our readers, I have not seen suggestions of reliable bargains.

Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.No bargains here.....

and I do feel enjoined to say that I am not a dealer. I am collector and also a professional historian with decades of experience as both.

and, as a human being, let me offer based on 61 years of life lived fully this fact: life is quite unfair.

I do not aspire to make my posts a reinforcement of this sad fact, but it is no less so.

Himmler said that the way one reacts to the black uniform depended on one's conscience, the kind of thought typical of this mean man.

I endeavor to post real material not the least, because when I was younger, I would have been grateful to have this resource.

If the sight of authentic SS regalia merely causes all concerned to vituperation about the injustices of the social and economic order of the present,
    then this is not my goal.

I fully agree that, in the western old industrial democracies, the social and economic order are akimbo and it stinks.

This fact notwithstanding, my goal is to highlight original material, and if some of it happens to be mine, such a fact is not intended as a dagger into the tissue of your soul.

People write to me each day in search of real material, and these posts address this wish. Also, I have great respect for Peter Whamond and will say so in public.

as you posit, no bargains there. save the opportunity to see such splendor at your tireless efforts and no effort of our own.

i have always had the best experiences with Peter Whamond. he is a man who stands behind what he offers and has always dealt with me in matters of this business without flaw.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    as you posit, no bargains there. save the opportunity to see such splendor at your tireless efforts and no effort of our own.

i have always had the best experiences with Peter Whamond. he is a man who stands behind what he offers and has always dealt with me in matters of this business without flaw.
    Thank you.

I just wonder if the eagle is really a good one?
    See the wave lines on the feather, they should be straight as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.  

The eagle is an old fake for sure.

thank you for clearing my thoughts up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast