Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.

Article about: by GIZMO8Z FB, I know the photo is horrible, but would you say that this style of cap stands a chance of being the same style that my great grandfather is wearing in my profile pic? Attachme

I saw It the other day and wanted to write peter about It first, but I totaly forgot It.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collector's Guild black SS cap will be for sale.
    P
    Many

Well done Mr. Robert and Mr. Carlsson. It seems quite a few people, including myself, missed that which could've resulted in someone making a costly mistake here as a result of this thread.

The eagle just need a replacement that's all.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The eagle just need a replacement that's all.
    Agreed, and although having the insignia replaced doesn't bother be, all factual aspects, good and bad, should be disclosed. From what I hear the Collectors Guild is a very respectable business and one email with evidence of this should likely change the description. I am willing to inform them if it hasn't already been done.

that is right, as well Peter W. is a fair and right person.
    There are possible different views, would you accept your statement as a new collector that spend around 5k hard earned money with
    the answer "the eagle just need a replacement thats all". I wouldn't.

Just looked at the C.G. site.No change in the adler.At that price which surely has to be a piece of change even in this era i wouldn't be looking for replacments of any kind!When collectors start to think $5,977 is peanuts,that piece should have no damn red flags.Thats my opinion and others say replacements are fine.Not by me and several other old timers that feel the same way.Tired of hearing dealers say its been re-badged,re-applied,re this and that.A $6,000 cap when shipping and ins. are added to it is ludicrous for this new way of adding on replacements to anything!! IMO! I expect to see posts which are to the contrary my beliefs.Thats any members right as it is my belief its 100% wrong!

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Just looked at the C.G. site.No change in the adler.At that price which surely has to be a piece of change even in this era i wouldn't be looking for replacments of any kind!When collectors start to think $5,977 is peanuts,that piece should have no damn red flags.Thats my opinion and others say replacements are fine.Not by me and several other old timers that feel the same way.Tired of hearing dealers say its been re-badged,re-applied,re this and that.A $6,000 cap when shipping and ins. are added to it is ludicrous for this new way of adding on replacements to anything!! IMO! I expect to see posts which are to the contrary my beliefs.Thats any members right as it is my belief its 100% wrong!
    hahaha thats what its about ego and money and who screams the most on forums these days

Hawkins,At least I found one guy who will agree with me about the ego's and money that and I am sure you know most of them as i do!No names but the dealer who shakes your hand and will go for your lungs when you buy a piece.When you see a Luft.Generals tunic and not near mint priced at $27,995 and never a reduction its pitiful and he along with two others on the East Coast who have prices that are in 2024 and beyond what is the new guy to think.These greedy guys will somehow always think they are doing you a favor!Remember many of the young guys who want to buy are average joe's and don't have thousands to spend.These greedy dealers won't really care about them because they have made a ton of money and have escalated the prices to suit there means.Don't start with the nonsense about staff and expenses many have that and its no excuse to ream the newbie or older collector!!Some day they or their family member will wonder what happened to the buyers.

What I meant of course, is that this eagle should be replaced BEFORE the selling. Because finding a '34 or '36 type of eagle is not cheap. And another thing, when you buy a complete cap, you can never know for sure if those insignia has been replaced or not, unless you have a private purchase with some story behind It.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    What I meant of course, is that this eagle should be replaced BEFORE the selling. Because finding a '34 or '36 type of eagle is not cheap. And another thing, when you buy a complete cap, you can never know for sure if those insignia has been replaced or not, unless you have a private purchase with some story behind It.
    Well said, and I am going to make use of my reserved powers here to thank Carlsson and to suggest to some others of you that, in future, when you want a favor from me, at least, it will not be forthcoming.
    I have also recommend to the proprietors here that at least one poster here should be expelled.

I think Peter Whammond is a fine man, and the fussing about SS cap badges has surely got to represent one of the biggest wastes of time in human experience.

If one of you wishes to suggest that with this thread I deliberately attempted to foster fraud or some other malfeasance, then I will secure a lawyer and seek satisfaction
    from you for libel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast