Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cotton SS Armband

Article about: The armband shown was purchased with several other items, helmet, flags, flag center in picture & other miscellaneous field gear. The seller was a 93 year old veteran & assumed it to

?

Default Cotton SS Armband

The armband shown was purchased with several other items, helmet, flags, flag center in picture & other miscellaneous field gear. The seller was a 93 year old veteran & assumed it to be authentic. However after viewing several of your very informative postings. I, am starting to have doubts. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cotton SS Armband   Cotton SS Armband  

Cotton SS Armband   Cotton SS Armband  

Cotton SS Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cotton SS Armband
    P
    Many

John.

I would not have a problem with this armband as it looks to me like the early cotton based band for the brownshirt, not the later wool band for the tunic or coat.
    As it is "early" it has a less formal constuction than the later examples but I think it is okay.
    I like the construction of yours as the white centre is still white whereas the centre of mine has yellowed with age and this, to me does detract from the overall look.
    It also looks as though a fair amount of work has been put in to produce it, which is always a good sign.

looks a very nice early one to me.

?

You have restored my faith in mankind, At the time of purchase I did not have any thoughts as to being a fake, due to the source I acquired it from. I recently joined the form & began reading about items I have acquired & the "less formal construction", began to trouble me. I also agree a lot of time & work went into the piece, and not usually the case with fakes. You knowledge & time are much appreciated. John

Nice piece. Nicer than some. If you don't want it, I'll buy it.

- - ------- - -

Let me say that we endure a generalized paranoia fostered by far too many, in which perfectly good SS stuff is being preemptively put down the crapper to the harm of all.

I have seen no fake that nicely made.