Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

cuff bands

Article about: hi all does anyone know if a ss tunic could have a cuffband on each sleeve ??

Default cuff bands

hi all does anyone know if a ss tunic could have a cuffband on each sleeve ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cuff bands
    P
    Many

Default Re: cuff bands

The Heer and Luftwaffe had quite a number of cuffbands worn on the right sleeve with some possible combinations with cuffbands simultaneously worn on the left sleeve, but all SS cuffbands were worn on the left sleeve, as were the (non-branch-specific) campaign cuffbands.

Offhand, I can think of only one possibility for an SS member to wear cuffbands on both sleeves and that applied only to a very small number of men which included names like Julius Schaub, Emil Maurice or Karl Fiehler:
    Former members of Hitler's original Stoßtrupp were authorized to wear a "Stoßtrupp Adolf Hitler 1923" cuff title on the right sleeve.

(Then of course there were the twin rings of braid worn on both lower sleeves by men holding the duty assignment of Stabsscharführer in the Waffen-SS, but those were of course not cuffbands in the actual sense of the term.)

OKW
    ?

Afrika? Kreta? are these possible? Did the SS have the same i.d for the Spise(spelling), the chosen top nco, of braid around the cuffs?

Quote by OKW View Post
    Afrika? Kreta? are these possible?
    Yes, for example due to transfer of personnel between branches of the armed forces. I can think of at least one SS officer (Rauff) photographed with an Afrika cuffband. Still, all campaign award cuffbands were worn on the left sleeve.

Quote by OKW View Post
    Did the SS have the same i.d for the Spise(spelling), the chosen top nco, of braid around the cuffs?
    Yes, they did. This is what I was referring to in my last post. Spieß is just a colloquial term; the official SS-designation for this duty position was Stabsscharführer if the position was held by an SNCO ranked Sturmscharführer or Hauptscharführer.
    If it was held by a lower-ranked NCO, he was referred to as a Stabsscharführerdiensttuer. (= "acting Stabsscharführer")
    (Warning to non-native speakers of German: Trying to tie your tongue around the word Stabsscharführerdiensttuer can result in serious injury.)

If in a rare exception, a SS member wore two cufftitle, both would be worn on the left sleeve
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.