Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cuff bands galore - period pic.

Article about: This guy has plenty of cuff bands. I posted it here, as it looks like one band reads part of 'SS-Junkerschule Tölz or SS-Schule Tölz.' I might be mistaken. The others I cant tell what says.

?

Default Cuff bands galore - period pic.

This guy has plenty of cuff bands.

I posted it here, as it looks like one band reads part of 'SS-Junkerschule Tölz or SS-Schule Tölz.' I might be mistaken.

The others I cant tell what says. I just thought the pic interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cuff bands galore - period pic.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuff bands galore - period pic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cuff bands galore - period pic.

SS-Schule Tölz
    Kriegsberichter
    Frw Legion Norwegen

?

That sounds plausible.

?

Yup. He continued to wear every cufftitle he'd been entitled to...

?

Good thing he was 'only' entitled to three or there wouldnt have been much visible tunic sleeve left

?

Great image, Scout! Thanks for sharing with us. I didn't know one could wear more than one CT at a time.
    Dean

all studied photos with 3 I see the JST title incl. the Kriegsberichter title.
    To wear two is also quite common with any nothern region in connection with training @ JST, especially
    starting in 43. Allg. SS as can found in other threads wear also Sturmtitle together with the honor title.
    Published as well in Angolia's cloth book.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Good thing he was 'only' entitled to three or there wouldnt have been much visible tunic sleeve left.
    Quote by Dean View Post
    I didn't know one could wear more than one CT at a time.

Initially, the Waffen-SS' war correspondents and military policemen wore their respective branch cuffband in addition to that of the unit they were assigned to, while officer candidates undergoing training at one of the Junkerschulen added that school's cuffband to the one of their unit.

(If their respective unit had a distinctive cuffband to begin with, which was not the case for all wartime W-SS formations.)

So, Feldgendarmen and Kriegsberichter serving with Waffen-SS formations authorized disctinctive unit cuffbands simultaneously wore two cuffbands; if they were undergoing officer training they temporarily added a third one for the duration of their training period at officer school. This was the maximum number possible.

In August 1943, the wearing of more than one cuffband was prohibited by regulations.

(Of course, this did not apply to campaign cuffbands, which were personal decorations and thus a permanent part of the awardee's uniform.)

?

Good info.

So it poses an (to me) interesting question; which cuff banc/title would the person in the pic have worn after 1943 - the Kriegsberichter (most likely, if he was still involved in that work) or Legion Norwegen (I assume not the Tölz one)?

Quote by Scout View Post
    So it poses an (to me) interesting question; which cuff banc/title would the person in the pic have worn after 1943 - the Kriegsberichter (most likely, if he was still involved in that work) or Legion Norwegen (I assume not the Tölz one)?
    Sorry, but I must admit I don't know which one took precedence (or whether it was, perhaps, even optional and up to the wearer's discretion).