Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.

Article about: Via the Delich collection come these very fine images to enrich the reference library here.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    In all likelihood the cuff title 'N9' in post 4 has faded brown borders for signals, not yellow (which indicated equestrian units).
    For the lover of minutiae it is also worth noting that the titles show examples from both of the numbering systems employed. For example, the red bordered '2' is prior to March 1934, whereas the three examples '9','10' and '11' with red borders are from after that date.
    Thanks. Needless to say, the point of departure for all of this is vol. I of Mollo on the Allgemeine SS, which contains a sketch of this system.
    Our posts all assume an advanced familiarity with SS insignia, which is hardly a given nor an easy proposition in the world of today.
    Nor was it so easy at the time, either, as the documents we have included make abundantly clear.
    Thanks to you all for your support in this thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.
    P
    Many

The end of the system of colored bordered cuff titles, ca. summer 1937Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.

more via Delich.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    more via Delich.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.
    The white Ehrenfuhrer must be quite rare. Thanks to you and Mr. Delich for sharing!

?

typically fine thread by major wonks - for which thanks. me, didn't even know 'till lately that the etymology of 'wonk' is discerned in the reading of it backwards! here's to eureka moments; may '18 offer us more such… meantime, good hunting!

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like the yellow borders for Reitersturm deems the rarest, would that be correct?

Let's add this one to the mix...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.  

Default Sturm 2 cuff title

Another number Sturm 2 cuff band for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cuff titles of the Allgem. SS with colored borders.  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast