Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"Dachau" found insignia

Article about: I have spent over 45 years tracking down veterans. I tracked the members of the units of the 45th Infantry Division who liberated Dachau. I have purchased thousands of pieces of Dachau insig

Default Re: "Dachau" found insignia

I have spent over 45 years tracking down veterans. I tracked the members of the units of the 45th Infantry Division who liberated Dachau. I have purchased thousands of pieces of Dachau insignia. The following photos are the pieces I bought from ONE 45th Division vets daughters. There were slightly over 2000 pieces.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Dachau" found insignia   "Dachau" found insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images "Dachau" found insignia  "Dachau" found insignia  "Dachau" found insignia 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Dachau" found insignia
    P
    Many

?

Bob,

That's amazing !! thanks for showing us

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Bob wow

I was hoping Bob would share that photo.

Cheers, Ade.

Awesome Bob

I see there are a few HJ -SS insignia there too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

wow bob thats the most impressive militaria sight i ever saw did you keep it all

A Vet friend of mine was at one of the camps (sorry, I'll have to check which one next time I see him) in the early 50's. He said there was piles of SS uniforms laying around. He, himself picked up some insignia and brought them back to the UK.
    Regards to all, Simon.

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    wow bob thats the most impressive militaria sight i ever saw did you keep it all
    No, I only kept one piece of each type of insignia. I have only a few pieces left and the rest went to the major dealers who were happy for original insignia and were willing to pay a fair price. Interestingly, Helmut Weitze bought hundreds of pieces and paid what I was asking while collectors stood around and argued prices. Many US dealers also bought hundreds of pieces.

It is an interesting story. I tried to buy this group, from the veteran, for years, without success. When he died, his daughters walked into a gun show with all of it. I could not get close to them, but a friend was finally able to break them loose and bring them over to me. I made a cash offer for the lot and they accepted because my offer was many-many times what they were offered at the show. For my friend, who brought them over, I gave him my extra cased German Cross with Diamonds, as a finder's fee. Without his help, I would have never gotten the insignia. All were happy, but I had to sell the duplicates to recover the money and cost of the DK with Diamonds.

Bob Hritz

I have had to wipe the drool from my chin a good dozen times now.

You're such a lucky man to have had so much in your possession all at once.

And yes, thank you for sharing those pics with us.

Brian

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    No, I only kept one piece of each type of insignia. I have only a few pieces left and the rest went to the major dealers who were happy for original insignia and were willing to pay a fair price. Interestingly, Helmut Weitze bought hundreds of pieces and paid what I was asking while collectors stood around and argued prices. Many US dealers also bought hundreds of pieces.

It is an interesting story. I tried to buy this group, from the veteran, for years, without success. When he died, his daughters walked into a gun show with all of it. I could not get close to them, but a friend was finally able to break them loose and bring them over to me. I made a cash offer for the lot and they accepted because my offer was many-many times what they were offered at the show. For my friend, who brought them over, I gave him my extra cased German Cross with Diamonds, as a finder's fee. Without his help, I would have never gotten the insignia. All were happy, but I had to sell the duplicates to recover the money and cost of the DK with Diamonds.

Bob Hritz
    hi bob thanks for the reply and very intresting story, what a great freind! helmut was wise!

regards,Ewan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast