Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dachau portrait, courtesy Delich & Bunde

Article about: as noted. Thanks to David Bunde and David Delich for the kind aid.

The Sueddeutscher Verlag website is very clunky and not nearly as good as the Bundearchiv and or Preussischer Kulturbesitz sites.
    I wonder where all the Bauer images are found? Someone must know. There are some in the BA, but I could not find those
    found by our very fine member Mr. JHAM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & Bunde
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Bauers signature is on the lower right corner
    Ah, thank you Larry. I completely missed the signature.

"Judging from the "D" collar patch, the white collar patch piping and the lack of escutcheons on the steel helmet I would date it to the 1933 - 1934 period."
    Spot on HPL. Bauer was in the Dachau complex in December 1933 to photograph the release of prisoners as part of a Christmas amnesty. I believe that he took this series of portraits of members of the Sturmbann Dachau during that particular visit.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    "Judging from the "D" collar patch, the white collar patch piping and the lack of escutcheons on the steel helmet I would date it to the 1933 - 1934 period."
    Spot on HPL. Bauer was in the Dachau complex in December 1933 to photograph the release of prisoners as part of a Christmas amnesty. I believe that he took this series of portraits of members of the Sturmbann Dachau during that particular visit.
    d'Alquen
    Thanks.

Dachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & Bundeanother item from a former thread of some relevance.

?

Here is one i came across while scanning my photo collection:

Dachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & BundeDachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & BundeDachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & BundeDachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & BundeDachau  portrait, courtesy Delich & Bunde

Thank you, fine images.

A very nice study of early SSTV/SSVT unifoms and insignia.

Note the early-model earth grey tunics (with turn-back cuffs etc.) and that the insignia at that time were still identical to those worn on the black service dress (a single shoulder board, no sleeve eagle, piped collar and collar patches etc.).

The men have apparently just partaken in a maneuver or perhaps some orientation exercise/route march in less than perfect weather. Note their mud-splattered boots and uniforms, the map cases and how the two Sturmmänner wear their compasses for quick access.
    The man on the far left wears a white armband a white band around his field cap, identifying him as an umpire.

Too bad the black-uniformed officer on the far right didn't keep his arm still so that we could read his cuff title. Given the length of the wording and the presence of the "D" collar patch, I wonder if it could be "SS-Ãœbungslager Dachau".

I guess a better person than I can date this image.

What is the cuff title on the Sturmbannfuehrer personage in black on the right side of the picture?

It looks sufficiently of higher echelons of command.

And there is not SS 1 cuff title as of yet, or at all.....

I should know all these arcane details, but am too busy with life in the year 2016.

Thanks for the nice image and to Andreas, as ever, for his subtle analysis.

CBH
    ?

Also a nice image of earth grey Schiffchen with the early 1934 triangle eagle , this was replaced in 1937 . Great images .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast